Part 13

Red's POV

I groan and pace around my room. It's been a week since I got moved to S rank. And the guild leaders want me to go on a mission. I'm freaking out. It's not that I'm scared, but they want me to take someone who has been in the guild longer with me. Lani immediately jumped at the chance. That's why I'm freaking out. Lani is coming with me. Now Lani is nice and strong. But for the past week, I've been feeling wired around her.

Whenever she talks to me my stomach feels funny. Whenever I see her my face gets hot. And I stutter alot when I'm around her. I don't know why. So with a groan, I climb out of my room and walk down the stairs. "Good Morning, are you excited?" Lucas asks me as he puts down his book. I look at him and glare. "Okay, sit down. What's wrong?" Lucas asks as he pats the couch.

I sigh and sit down next to him. "I think something wrong with me." I tell him as I play with my sweater sleeves. "Talk to me." Lucas says as he looks at me with concern. "... Whenever Lani is near me I feel sick. And my face gets hot. And for some reason, I stutter alot." I tell him. Lucas stays quiet for a moment, then he starts to chuckle. I look up at him and glare. "Sorry, sorry." He says as he laughs.

"Don't laugh at me you asshole!" I tell him. "I'm sorry. But at times like this, I forget how little you experienced." He says. "I've experienced alot!" I defend myself. He sighs, "Ember. What do you think about Lani?" Lucas asks me. "Uh... Well, she's cool and nice, and really sweet, and cute, she's adorable when she pouts. It's so cute how her eyes light up whenever she sees me use  powers." I tell Lucas with a small smile on my face.

"Oh, and when she sees an animal. Her eyes light up and she smiles as she watches them. Or when she sees her favorite food, it's so adorable how she dances as she eats." I say. Lucas starts to chuckle and shake his head. "Stop laughing at me you asshole!" I shout at him. "Sorry, sorry. But I think I know what's wrong with you." Lucas says with a smile. "What?!" I ask. "You have a crush on her, a pretty big one at that." Lucas says.