Part 25

Red's POV

I sigh as I walk out of the small store. A new dagger in hand. I look around Alandtide and start walking. I leave the town and go on my way to the place Lani is. I walk through a forest. I float over a small river. Hours later it gets dark. So I find a small clearing. I grab some fallen sticks. I create a fire and I sit down. I place my hand on the dirt and make a small berry bush.

I pick them and slowly eat them as the fire lights up the area. After I eat the berries I use my satchel as a pillow and lay down. I sigh and look up at the sky. I yawn and close my eyes. And I slowly fall into a light sleep. I wake up by sounds every once in a while. That is until around 1 am. I fall into a deep sleep. And I wish I never did.

"Ember! Help me!" I hear Lani scream. I jump up and look around. I'm on a beach. It's on fire. My eyes widen as I look for Lani. "Ember! Please! Save me!" I hear Lani yell. My breath catches in my throat. I run to where I heard Lani's voice. I quickly stop once I see her. A man has her pulled to his chest. His hand near her face. His hand is on fire. Lani is crying in fear. "Let her go!" I yell as i walk closer. "Ember! Get him away from me!" Lani tells me.

"Hold on little girl. You wouldn't want your precious girlfriend to get hurt." The man tells me with a smirk. I stop in my tracks and look at Lani with worry. "Let her go now." I tell him. Lani whimpers as he pulls her closer and burns her chin a little. Vines wrap around my arms and shoot out to him and Lani. The vines wrap around her waist and pull her away from him. He burns her a little more before she fully gets away.

I pull her behind me and wrap the man in vines. "Hey! What are you doing!?" He shouts at me. I glare and put him in the ocean. The vines stick him to the ocean floor and hold him there. After he is gone I turn to Lani. She's kneeling on the ground holding her face. I kneel down next to her and I gently try to take her hands. "Lani are you okay?" I ask her. "Leave me alone." Lani tells me.

"No, let me see. Let me heal you." I tell her. She lets her hands fall into her lap. My hands start to glow and i slowly take her face in my hands. "How bad do i look?" Lani asks me. "Beautiful." I tell her as i heal her face. "You might have some small scaring. But nothing bad." I tell her as she leans into my hands. "Don't lie to me. I probably look hideous." Lani says. "I'm not lying. You could never look bad." I tell her.

Lani smiles. I slowly pull my hands away from her face. The redness is gone but there are some dark spots on her face. "Thank you for saving me." Lani tells me. I smile at her. "I will always save you Lani. I love you." I tell her. "I love you too. But, ember." Lani starts. "Yes?" I ask. "You need to save me now. I don't know how much longer i have. You have to find me and tell me how you feel. Before it's too late." Lani tells me. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"Your right here." I say. "We both know its a dream. I'm in danger. Real danger. You need to find me. Save me. Tell me before it's too late." Lani says as she starts to get farther and farther away. "How do i find you?" I ask her. "Save me Ember." Lani says as everything starts to go black. I jump awake. I look around and I'm back in the forest clearing. I take some deep breaths. It's still dark. But I get up and grab all my things.