Part 26

Red's POV

I glare at the broken-down castle from the top of a tree. I can feel Lani's power in the castle. But there are a lot of other people there as well. "Be careful deary, they are very dangerous." The tree I'm on tells me. "I know, but I have to get her back." I tell the tree. "I understand, if anything happens, we will get you help." The tree next to me says. "Don't get anyone from my guild." I tell them.

"I have to go now." I say as I jump down from the tree's branch. "Don't do anything too stupid." A small flower tells me. I take a deep breath and go to the side of the castle. I start to fly around looking for Lani. After a few minutes, I see her through a crack in the wall. I quickly go to an open window and go inside. I slowly make my way to Lani, making sure no one sees me

My eyes widen when I get into the room that Lani is in. She is chained with magic resistant chain. I run over to her and gently grab her face. She wakes up with wide eyes full of fear. I put my finger to my lips and she nods as she relaxes. I quickly unchain her and sit her on the ground. "It's going to be okay, I'm getting you out of here." I whisper to her. Tears enter her eyes as I gently put her on my back. "What are you doing!?" A man asks as he enters the room.

Lani whimpers and i stand up. I back away not saying anything. "Help!!!" He yells to his friends. "Hold on Lani." I tell her as i stand next to the wall. I quickly punch out the stone from the wall. More people run into the room. So i jump out the wall with Lani on my back. She screams a little and holds on tighter. I quickly start to fly away. "Shoot her down!" A person yells. I try to dodge but I'm not quick enough. Both me and Lani get hit by a large fireball.

I turn around in case they throw more stuff at us. And i get hit by a boulder. With a groan, i fly faster. After a little while of flying, we land on the ground and we go into a small cave. I start a small fire and sit Lani on the ground. I kneel down next to her. "Let me check your back." I tell her. She groans and slowly turns onto her side for me to look. I slowly take off her now burnt shirt.

I slowly start to heal her burns as she takes shallow breaths. After a little, i stop and let her lean on the cave wall. "Here." I tell her as i take off my sweater and hand it to her. I help her put it on. "How, did you k-know to look for me?" Lani asks. "Ritchie and Brandon said they were worried. So I came to check on you. I had a bad feeling so in knew you were in danger." I tell Lani. "...I think y....you was t-to late." Lani tells me. "What do you mean?" I ask her.