Part 16

Red's POV

"So all there is, is a note. Telling us where to go?" I ask Lani. "Yep" Lani tells me as we stand outside of the old man's house. "Totally not sketchy. Let's go and see where this takes us." Lani says as she puts the note in her pocket. "Yeah, may as well go and see if we can kick some ass." I say as we start walking to the location on the note. "20 Jewels the old man is behind everything," I say as we walk.

"40 jewels the old man is a victim," Lani says. "Deal," I say as we shake hands on the bet. "We should play 20 questions to pass the time," Lani says after ten minutes of silence. "How do you play?" I ask. "One person asks a question and the other answers honestly. And then we go back and forth. We each have to ask 20 questions to each other." Lani tells me.

"Sure, why not." I say. "Alright, I'll go first. What is your favorite color?" Lani asks. "Hmmm, Green. It reminds me of my god." I tell Lani. "That's cute," Lani says with a smile. "What's your favorite food?" I ask Lani. "....I have to say Tacos. They're so good." Lani says. "What is your favorite power that you have?" Lani asks me. "It's a tie between my god slayer magic and my air magic." I tell Lani.

"What do you like to do for fun?" I ask. "I really like to draw and paint. I actually sell my paintings sometimes, for extra cash." Lani tells me. "You'll have to show me your work sometime," I tell Lani. "I definitely will." Lani says with a smile. "Why didn't you speak when you first came to Divnus Maga?" Lani asks. "... That's a long story. So, I'll try to shorten it." I tell Lani.

"So unlike most god slayers, I was born with mine. Where I grew up it was looked down upon to be anything other than a water mage. Boat was lucky on being a water god slayer. He could hide it better than me. I found out it was safer for me to not talk. I grew up in the forest with animals, hiding from society. I only ever would talk to Boat, and my trainer. Even then it was very quiet and very very rare." I say.

"I met a guy about three years ago. I thought he was my best friend. But he pretended to be my friend, just so he could tell the other kids in town how to hurt me more. I found out when he, and four other boys tried to drown me. That's when I learned my water magic. And that was the first time my god, Rain took over. Rain killed them. But she only did it because I was almost dead." I tell Lani as we walk. She stops and pulls me into a tight hug. "Your so strong." Lani tells me.