Part 12

Red's POV

'Speak young one.' Rain tells me. I get up and sigh. "To show I know self-control. Unlike most slayers. And my goal was not to win. But to show what I can do. I have no urge to win or hurt anyone." I tell them. After a moment of shock at me speaking, Ritchie speaks. "I almost got eaten! I have bite marks!" Ritchie says. I smirk "Realy? Look at yourself, do you feel any pain?" I ask him.

"....How did I get healed?" He asks. "I know healing magic. The second I let you both go I healed you both." I tell them both. "Brother i think we made a mistake," Brandon says after a moment. "About what?" Ritchie asks confused. "Red, you're not an A rank. Your an S rank. If you keep training you will be an SS Rank in no time." Brandon says. My eyes widen as i look at him.

"The youngest S rank ever. In our guild. Nice." Ritchie says with his own smirk. "What is you main magic?" Brandon asks. "I'm a Nature god Slayer." I tell them. "Can i get let out now?" Lani asks. "If i do are you going to tackle me because of this?" I ask her. "....No..." she says, it's obvious she's lying. But I let her out anyway. And almost immediately she tackles me. "You got S rank!" She yells as she hugs me on the ground. I groan and look up at our guild leaders.

"Have fun you two." Ritchie says as they both leave. "Get off." I tell Lani. "No, You pretty much beat two guild leaders, your an S Rank, and your talking now! So i will hug you for a little bit!" Lani says loudly. I sigh and pick us both up with air magic. Then I make the earth under us take us back to the house I'm staying in. Lani and I walk inside, with her still hugging me.

"....What happened?" Lucas asks. "I'm surprised Red hasn't tried to kill Lani yet." David says. "Red Got S Rank!" Lani says loudly. I wince at the volume of her voice. "And she talked! And she almost beat Ritchie and Brandon before she let them win! And shes a God Slayer! And i saw her god form!" Lani basically screams. ".....A CHILD! Got S Rank before me!?" David asks loudly. "I'm going to kill them." he says as he walks out of the house.

"I'll see you tomorrow, I want to sleep. Bye!" Lani says as she walks out of the house. I have a little as she leaves. "So, you being to trust everyone here?" Lucas asks me. I look at him then down at the floor. My eyebrows furrowed confused. "..I... I don't know.... All i know is i like it here. I.... I feel safe. Like really safe, for the first time in years...."I tell him as i look at my feet.

"I'm proud of you. Your opening up. I understand your scared. But it will be okay. We're safe here. No one will hurt us. And if anyone tries to hurt us. The guild will come and help us. Thats what their here for. Everything will be okay." Lucas as as he pulls me into a hug. I slowly put my arms around him and burry my face in his shirt. "I... I don't want to get attached. What if.... What if they get hurt. Or.... or worse." I say with tears in my eyes.

"I wont lie to you. That can happen. But you can't let that hold you back. You have to keep moving forward with your head up. Its okay to let yourself feel again. I will always be here to protect you. Its okay to cry and laugh." Lucas says. As soon as he stops talking a start to cry. Tears fall out of my eyes and onto his shirt. This is the first time in years.