Part 27

Part 27

Red's POV

"I ... i h-have t-to m-much internal d-damage. I... i don't t-think i'll m-m-make t-the n-n-night." Lani tells me as she coughs. Blood comes out of her mouth and my eyes widen. "No, Lani. Your... your going to be fine. You have to be." I tell her as tears enter my eyes. "Theres s-s-something i-i have t-to tell you." Lani tells me. "Please, you can tell me in the morning. When we get back home." I tell her. "Red." Lani says.

"Ember. My name is Ember." I tell Lani. "Ember... I... I l-love you. I h-h-have for a while." Lani tells me. I freeze and a few tears fall from my eyes. "I... I love you to Lani. I wish I had told you sonner." I tell her. Lani smiles and puts her hand on my cheek. She pulls me closer to her and we put our forehead together. "I... I n-need y-y-ou t-to promise m-me s-something." Lani tells me. "Anything." I tell her as a few more tears fall from my eyes.

"I-i w-want you to f-find s-someone else. I-i w-want you to f-find love again. I n-need you t-to b-be happy. E-even i-if its n-not w-with me." Lani tells me. "Lani i... i can't. What if... What if they..." My voice trails off. "Ember. You h-have t-to l-let people i-in." Lani tells me. I look into her eyes as more tears fall down my face. A few tears fall down her face as well. She smiles and pulls my face closer. She softly kisses my lips and draws her head back.

I feel my face get hot but we just sit with our foreheads together again. "C-can we j-just relax. T-t-together?" Lani asks me as she takes some deep breaths. "Ofcourse we can." I tell her. I quickly lean against the cave wall. I slowly pull her closer to me and she leans on my chest and relaxes. "I l-love you." Lani tells me. "I love you too. Now relax. Rest. I'll be here for you." I tell her. She sighs and takes shallow breaths as she leans farther into me.

I hold her closer to me as i fell her body start to get colder. I feel her heart start to slowly slow down. And her breaths gets farther apart. "I love you so much. I will always love you." I tell Lani as she takes her last breath. And her heart stops beating. I feel a piece of my heart break. And i know she took it with her. I hold her tight to my chest as i sob. My body shakes as i hold her tight. "Well i guess you was to late. Poor you." A voice says as the entrace to the cave.