Part 18

Red's POV

Lani goes to ask me a question but a tree quickly puts its branch in front of us. "What?" Lani asks confused. I touch the branch "What's wrong?" I ask the tree. "Danger, you are not safe. Run. Do not continue." The tree tells me. "We have to continue, someone is in danger," I tell the tree. "No one is in danger but you." The tree tells me. "Tell me, Did you see a mother and her son being taken?" I ask.

"Yes, a man took them. But they were not in danger. They want to hurt guild members." The tree tells me. "Lani, you owe me 20 jewels," I tell Lani as i look at her. "Sorry, But we have to defeat him before he can hurt others," I tell the tree. "You are brave. Braver than most. Go, but know when to come back. The tree will help you if you need." The tree tells me, it moves its branch and lets us go.

"Sooooo, I don't speak tree." Lani tells me. "Right, I forget people can't speak tree. So the tree told me the old man 'took' the mom and her son, they aren't hurt or anything. But they are planning on killing any guild members." I tell Lani. "Well, we got to stop them! Let's go fight!" Lani says as she rushes ahead. "Seeya Mr. Tree." I tell the tree before i run after Lani.

"Lani chill. We need to make a plan. We can't just run in." I tell Lani as i grab her wrist. She stops and looks at me. "We can't stop, Someone could get there before us!" Lani tells me as she tries to run again. I just tighten my grip on her wrist, not enough to hurt her. Just enough so she can't run off. "Lani stop, If we run in there, then we could get hurt. And then we won't be able to help anyone." I tell Lani.

She sighs and looks at the ground and nods her head. "Fine, what's the plan?" Lani asks me. "First thing first. We have to find the camp and scout it out. After we know what we are up against. Then I will let you know the plan." I tell Lani as i slowly walk. "You don't have a plan do you?" Lani asks as she walks next to me. "Not yet, But I do have a few ideas that could work." I tell Lani.

I look over and I see a flower waving to me. "This way." I tell Lani as i walk the way the flower told me to go. "I just need to see what we are up against before I can decide what plan will be the best and safest," I tell Lani as we walk through the trees, off the path. "You really already thought about plans?" Lani asks me. "Of course, Yours, Mine, and anyone else's lives are my main concern." I tell Lani.