Part 15

Red's POV

"What's up with Red?" I hear Lani asks as she walks into the mess hall. "I think she's still tired." Kit says. "Oh! I have something that can help with that!!!!" Lani says as she walks over to where me and Kit are sitting. "Drink this." Lani says as she sits something down in front of me. I sit up and look at it. It's a can of something. I grab it and look from it and at Lani. "What is this?" I ask as I look at it.

"It's an energy drink!!!" Lani says as she grabs another one and drinks it. I open it and sniff it. "Smells good." I say as I bring it up to my lips. I slowly take a sip. "Hmm." I hum and nod my head as I drink more. "Just wait, it will kick in soon." Lani says as she grabs some food off the table. "I suggest eating something. Otherwise, you will get sick." Lani says as she starts eating.

I take another sip as I grab some chicken and a roll. I start to eat with Lani and Kit. "So what are you two up to today?" Kit asks. "Well, Ritchie and Brandon what me to go on an S class mission. But since is my first mission they want me to take someone. So since Lani already knows my powers, I figured it would make sense to take her." I tell Kit as I feel my body and brain start to tingle. (A/N: Does this happen to anyone else when you drink an energy drink after a few weeks or months of not having any?)

"Lucklyyyy." Kit says. I start to bounce in my seat. "Uh oh" Lani says. "The energy drink is kicking in." Lani says as she watches as I slightly shake and bounce. "Can we go! We should go! I wanna go fight! I want to run! Let's go! I already have our mission! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" I say very fast as i get up, energy drink in hand. "Okay, let me see the book so I can see the mission." Lani says.

I hand her the book as I drink more of the energy drink. "Alright, Mission is from a man named Treverton. That's a name. My daughter and her son were taken by a man with devil slayer magic. The reward will be 950,000 jewels. Please help me." Lani says. "Okay, let's go! We can't let them wait any longer!!!" I yell as I run out of the food hall. "Do you even know where you're going?" Lani yells as she chases me.

"I got plant magic!!! They're leading me to where we need to go!!" I shout as I follow flowers as they sprout out of the ground. We reach the ocean and I stop. "Okay, we need a boat." Lani says. "No, we don't. I can make the water hard under us as we walk on it." I tell her as I start walking. "....I don't like water." Lani tells me. "Trust me," I tell her as i take a sip of my drink. "Fine. Don't let me get in the water." Lani tells me. "I won't. Don't worry." I tell her. Lani takes a deep breath and walks out onto the water after me.