Part 6

Red's POV

"That's quite a lot. Who were your trainers?" Ritchie asks. "Is that why you came to talk to us?" Lucas asks. "No of course not. I just want to get to know my new guild members." Ritchie says. "My trainer was named ---- (forgot the man's name)." Lucas says. "But, I have no clue who trained Red." Boat says. "Alright. One more thing. I came to give you both your ranks in the guild. Lucas your an S rank." Ritchie says. "Whats an S rank?" Lucas asks.

"S is the second to the top. Now Red, You're an A Rank. So you're at the same rank as David. And one rank below your brother. I was going to put you as an S rank. But you are still a minor. Soooo A rank it is." Ritchie says. "Now, good day you two." Ritchie says as he leaves. "Davids going to be maaad." Lucas says as he sits on the couch. I just look at Lucas. "What?" He asks. "Why... Why did you tell him your name?" I ask. "We can't trust them. We can't trust anyone here. They're all just going to hurt us." I tell Lucas.

"Red.... Ember. You need to open up a little. They won't hurt us. Sure they'll be hard on us. But they won't seriously hurt us. I promise I will protect you. Just trust me." Lucas says. "...Fine, I'll trust you. But I'm not going to trust any of them. I'm going to go find somewhere to knit my sweater." I tell Lucas as I grab my stuff and walk out of the house. "Stay close, don't do anything stupid." Lucas says. I don't say anything. I just walk out and walk around the guild island.

After a while of wandering around, I find a nice tree to sit under. So i sit and continue to knit my sweater. "Hey Red!" Kit says as she walks up to me. I look up and just stare at her. "Are you okay?" Kit asks me. I just nod my head and continue to knit. I thought she would get the hint and leave. But, instead, she sits next to me. "You're really good at knitting." Kit tells me with a smile. I look at her for a second then back at my sweater.

"Wheres Boat? I thought you would stay near him." Kit asks. I just shrug and point in the direction of the houses. "He's still at Davids?" Kit asks. I nod my head. "Did you two fight?" Kit asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Can you talk?" Kit asks. I freeze for a second and think. After a moment I nod my head. "You just don't like to talk do you." Kit says. I nod my head and Kit laughs. "Have you eaten?" Kit asks me. I shake my head no. "Okay, come with me. I'll take you to get food." Kit says as she gets up.

I stare at her for a moment. Then I shake my head no. "Okay, just chill here for a minute. I'll be back." Kit says as she walks away. I sigh and look at my half-finished sweater. Why is she being nice to me? I was a part of the guild that tried to destroy her home. I just sigh and continue to knit. After a while, I finish my sweater and put it on. "Hey! You finished!" Kit says happily as she walks up to me. She sits down and hands me an apple, some jerky, and a bottle of water.

I take it and look at her confused. "You seem like you've been hurt pretty bad before. So I want to help you. I want to help you trust all of us." Kit tells me with a smile. I smile a little and we both begin to eat the food. She tells me stories of the guild and I actually laugh. After a while, it starts to get dark so we get up and go back to the houses. Kit has to show me back to David place since I got lost. I wave bye to her and walk inside.

"Where have you been?!" Lucas asks me as he runs up to me when I walk inside. I point to my sweater. "I get that. But where?" Lucas asks me. I shrug and point outside. "I was with Kit." I tell Lucas quietly. "Okay, just don't be out that long again." He tells me as he pulls me into a hug. I hug him back. "Now, go get some rest. You look tired." Lucas says as he pouches me to the stairs. So I go up to my room.