Part 24

Red's POV

I sigh as I see my older brother. He is getting ready to run the course with David. I smirk and walk over to the two of them. "Hey Red." Lucas says with a smile. "Are you going to join us?" David asks. "Whoever gets to the end first gets five gold coins from the other two." I say. "Deal." David says with a smirk. "Let's go." Lucas says with a sigh. "Okay, how are we going to do this? There are only two starting points." Lucas asks.

"David, you go on one. Lucas you go on the other. Whoever falls first I go on your lane." I tell them. "Okay, lets go!" David says as he goes on one side. Lucas goes on the other. "Ready, set, Go!" I shout. I watch as David does the parkour in one try. And Lucas keeps falling. So I go to David's side. Unlike my brother. I did the parkour in one try. I jump down on the soul sand and run through the cobwebs.

"Finally." I hear Lucas say as he gets done with the parkour. I'm right behind David as we go through the cobwebs. David gets out first, then I get out. "Nwo we wait for Lucas, so its a fair run." David tells me as we stand off to the side. I chuckle as I watch Lucas struggle. After a few minutes Lucas gets out. "And go!" David says as he starts to run. I quickly follow, Lucas behind me.

I quickly take the lead as I follow the old footprints. I listen as Lucas complains a little. David complains that I'm in the lead. After a few minutes i get to the doc first. "How did you beat me?" David asks me. "Well it was easy. That was nothing compared to other things i've done to train." I say with a shrug. "Anyway, the reason i came looking for you. Lucas." I say. "Yeah?" He asks as he takes deep breaths.

"I just wanted to let you know i'm going on a mission. And it will take a while. So, don't worry about me. The mission will probably take a few months." I tell Lucas. "What kind of mission is it?" He asks. "It's a mission escorting a high-class man. He needs protection. So they want me to go." I lie to him. "...Will you be safe?" Lucas asks. "Why do they want a kid to go?" David asks. "Well, I know a lot more magic than people normally do. So that's why." I tell them.

"And yes i will be safe, don't worry." I tell him. "Okay, just don't do anything too stupid." Lucas tells me. "I won't. Anyway, I have to leave like now. I have to go get some more supplies for the journey." I tell him. "Oh, and don't worry about the gold right now. Save it for me for when I get back." I tell them. Lucas grabs me and pulls me into a hug. Tears enter my eyes as I hug him back. "Bye bro." I tell him. "By Em." Lucas says. We let go and I walk away.