Part 28

Red's POV

I look over as tears stream down my face. I see the man that shot at us. I look at him then back down at Lani. I put my hand on her chest and make vines shoot into the cave. The man jumps out of the way. I make the vine pick up Lani and carefully carry her away. I make the air pick her up and I feel the air and her get farther and farther away. I slowly stand up and look at him. Anger coursing through my body.

I shoot at him with an ice spike. He doesn't dodge it in time and it hits him in his chest. He falls over and I run outside. I look around and see an overly large flower. I seal the cave up and run over to it. I hear the man beginning to break the rocks. I touch the flower. It turns and looks at me. I focus all my energy on it. I imprint it with a spell and memories. After a few minutes I hear the cave break open.

I let go of the flower and fall to the ground. Having used too much energy. I take a deep breath and look at the flower. "Go." I tell it. I watch as it disappears into the ground. "You should have ran." The man tells me. I turn my body and look at him. "...I will kill you." I tell him. He laughs and pulls his fist back. He hits my face and I fall back to the ground. I look up at him. His laugh sounds distant and weird. Next thing I know a foot kicks my face and everything goes back.

Divinus Magia

Third Person's POV

An overly large flower pops up in Ritchies and Brandon's office. Both of them are there. Working. "What the?" Ritchie says as he sees the flower. They both get up and go to the flower. "Ritchie Brandon." Red's voice comes out of the flower. "Lani is gone. They killed her. She died in my arms. I moved her body to a special location. She will be buried there. My powers will do all the work." The flower says.

"By now I have been captured. I've been put in magic proof chains. Don't look for me. I knew this would happen. Do not tell Lucas any of this. This flower will go and relay a message to him. Do not look for me. Focus on the guild. I will be fine. I will try to send messages as often as I can. Thank you both. Now I must tell Lucas." The flower says. It quickly goes into the floor and disappears. Ritchie and Brandon look at each other with worry.

The flower pops up in the bar. Where Lucas is sitting down drinking a bear. "Lucas." The flower says with Red's voice. "Red?" Lucas asks as he looks around. "I'm speaking from the flower. But I can not hear you or anything. This is a pre done message." The flower says. "Anyway. While I was out I got another mission sent to me. So I won't be back for quite some time. I'll have to be under cover for my next mission. So I won't be able to come back for a while." The flower says.

"I'll send you messages from this flower as often as I can. But I won't be able to get any messages back. I love you. And I'll see you again one day." The flower finishes then it goes into the floor and disappears. Lucas sighs and rubs his face. "Ember, you better stay safe." He says to himself. He turns and sits back down. And he starts drinking again.