Part 23

Red's POV

"Hey, Red." Kit says as they walk up to me. I'm sitting under David's garden tree relaxing. "Yeah?" I ask her. "Ritchie and Brandon want you." They tell me. "Are they in their office?" I ask as I get up. "Yep!" Kit tells me. We start walking to the bar area. "Do you know what they need?" I ask. "I think it's about Lani. I swear I heard them talking about her. But I'm not really sure." Kit tells me.

"Okay, thanks." I tell them as i go into the bar. "No problem. I gotta go!" Kit says as they run off. I make a vine and use that to get myself up into the guild leader's office. "Brandon, Ritchie. You two needed me," I say as I look at both of them. "Yes, sit down." Brandon says as he and Ritchie get up. I furrow my eyebrows and sit down on a chair. "What happened?" I ask them.

"... Lani went on a mission a week ago. A few days after you two got back. It was an A-class mission. But we got intel that she is in danger. And with the grand magic games happening in a few days, we can not go. We need you to go and find her. And save her." Ritchie tells me. "...Do you have her mission book?" I ask them. Brandon hands me the book. "If you are not back after the grand magic games end, we will go looking for the two of you." Brandon tells me.

"No, If I'm not back in a week. I will somehow send you two a message. But no one will go look for me. Lucas is know nothing of this. If he asks where I am tell him I am on a long mission escorting someone. But no one is to go after me. I will send a message telling you if Lani is okay." I tell them both as i get up. "You're still a kid. We can't just not look for you." Brandon says. "Okay, listen. I get I'm still a teen. But that doesn't mean I can't do this.." I tell them.

"If I couldn't do this. Then I wouldn't. But I believe I can do this. Now. I'll be leaving in two or so hours. I'm going to get everything I need and say bye to Lucas." I tell them. "Be careful. And if you can't do it. Come back or send us a message. We will come to you to help if you need it. " Brandon tells me. I nod and jump down to the main floor. I leave the bar and go to David's house.

I go to my room and I put on my sweater. I grab my satchel and put it across my body. I grab most of my money and put it in my satchel. I leave the house. "Now, where is Lucas." I say to myself. I then start to walk around the island. I wave at people here and there but nothing else.