Part 22

Red's POV

"Well, On the way there we got stopped by a tree." I say. "A tree?" Brandon asks. "Nature magic. Plants can stop me from doing something and they can talk to me. The tree told me how the mission was fake. And it was a trap for guild members. The old men, woman, and kid. Yeah... Old man was evil. Women was evil. The kid wasn't a kid and was really a middle-aged man. I caught them and Lani untied the real kid and the captured people." I tell them.

"...What?" Ritchie says confused. "Pretend boy was a shapeshifter?" Brandon asks me. "Yep. I knocked them out. They're all in jail now. Kid is happy with his real mom and dad. The rest of the people are at their homes. One of them was injured badly. So their at the hospital." I tell them. "Anyway. Here is the guild's money from the mission. Lani already has her cut. And i have the reward money from capturing a wanted criminal." I say as i sit a bag on Brandon's desk.

He grabs it and looks inside. "This is more than what was in the book." Brandon says. "Yeah, well. The old man couldn't pay us if he was arrested. Sooo I just took all of their money. Lani has her cut and there's your cut." I tell them. "...Nice." Ritchie says as he looks at the money. "I'll take another mission in a few days. Anyway. Good day you two." I tell them as I turn and leave the office. "Have fun Red." Ritchie says. "Good day." Brandon tells me.

I shut the door and slowly walk to the food hall. I grab a chicken leg and a cookie. I eat them both and walk outside. I yawn and go to Davids's house. I wave at Kit and Mario as i walk. I sigh as i walk into the house, with an 'open door policy. Inside on the couch is Lucas. I smile and flop on the couch next to him. "Ember!" Lucas says with a smile when he looks at me. "Sup bro." I tell him as i relax on the couch. "When did you get back?" He asks me.

"Uh, like thirty minutes ago. Maybe an hour. I went to Brandon and Ritchie to give them the money and tell them what went down." I tell Lucas. "What happened?" Lucas asks me. "Okay so. Me and Lani played a game called twentyone questions on the way. A tree stopped us and told me that the mission was fake and it was a trap. Me and Lani snuck to the campsite a different way. Old man was a bad guy. Supposed mother was a bag guy. And the little kid? Power to shapeshift." I tell Lucas.

"Well, I go their attention and tied them up while Lani united the innocent people and got the real little kid. I knocked the three dumbasses out. We took them to prison. I got a reward for turning in a wanted criminal. Then we took everyone else home." I tell Lucas. He stares at me, his eyes squinted. "What?" I ask when i notice the look. "What happened on the way back?" Lucas asks me. My face heats up and I look away. "Well, would you look at the time! I think I'm going to get some rest!" I say as i get up. "Oh no no. Get back here." Lucas says as he follows me up the stairs. I quickly go to my room and lock the trap door. I hear him groan and he walks away.