Everyone - "Shall I shout it from the rooftops or send a mass email"

Description:
Your moving and have to tell everyone.
Warnings:
Swearing, underage drinking, drugs use mentions.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Do we really need to do this now?" I asked as my mom placed more of my things into a cardboard box, she stopped turning to look at me.
"We leave in a week and you still haven't packed anything" I leant against my doorframe as she grabbed another thing off my desk and placed it carefully into the box.
"A week is long enough, I don't have to pack yet" I tried to argue as my mom shook her head.
"It's not just your room y/n, we have to pack other rooms as well" My mom sighed as she placed another object.
"Well go do that then" I pointed out my room. My mom stopped letting out a sigh before standing up and walking closer to me.
"Just because you don't want to move doesn't change that we are moving" I rolled my eyes looking past her. She didn't even take into account what I wanted. Why because she's divorcing my dad does it mean we have to move to a new state. I was in my last year, I really shouldn't be changing schools. I didn't want to have to start again. I didn't want to have to make new friends, I loved the friends I had here. I stepped out from the doorframe and around my mom, I walked towards my bed. "y/n I'm being serious I want all this packed by Friday" I couldn't bring myself to look at her. Six days to pack everything I had into boxes, seven days till I leave the town I grew up, the town where all my friends were, where my life was. My mom didn't say anything else she just made her way out of my room leaving the door open. I let out a sigh standing up making my way to the door and shutting it. As much as I wanted to slam it I resisted the urge. I looked at the boxes walking over to them and slowly put items into them.

I spent almost four hours packing before falling asleep. The next thing I knew was being awoken by Jules.
"Hey wake up" she said, I let out a yawn as I rubbed my eyes focusing on the blonde.
"What are you doing here?" I questioned as I lay in my bed, Jules sat at the edge of the bed.
"I did phone you but you weren't answering it" I furrowed my brows before reaching over to my phone that was on the bedside table, 4 missed calls from Jules, 2 from Maddy, 1 from Rue. My ringtone was on mute.
"Shit sorry, was there a reason you were calling?" I sat up yawning yet again.
"Yeah there's a party, you down?" I thought about it for a second. "Come on y/n" Jules leant forward taking my hands into hers. I playfully rolled my eyes.
"Fine" I suppressed my smile as Jules smiled. Jules stood up allowing me to get out of the bed before sitting back down. I walked over to my wardrobe looking through the different options I had for an outfit.
"What's with all the boxes?" I looked over my shoulder at Jules who was looking at the boxes with an intrigued look on her face. I let out a sigh as I turned back to my wardrobe, I knew she wouldn't drop it.
"I'm moving" I tried to play it off as I continued looking through the clothes.
"What? You're messing with me right?" I didn't respond, I pulled a piece of clothing out of the wardrobe as if it was the most interesting thing I had seen. "Where are you moving? please tell me I can still bike there"
"We're moving out of state" I turned to place the clothing on the bed looking at the outfit I had put together. I couldn't bring myself to look at Jules. Even though I hadn't known her long she had become one of my closest friends.
"Seriously? When?" I could see her face, I could her expression, as much as Jules liked to think she hide her emotions she didn't.
"Next Sunday, this is my last week here" I responded finally bringing myself to look at the girl.
"Does anyone else know?" she questioned looking from me to the boxes. I shook my head as I sat on the bed.
"I think part of me was hoping my mom would change her mind so I didn't tell anyone" I stared at the carpet in my room, the same carpet I had since I was thirteen. The same carpet Cassie, Maddy, Lexi, Rue and I used to sit and have sleepovers on.
"You're going to have to tell people you're leaving eventually" Jules spoke causing me to turn and look at her.
"Shall I shout it from the rooftops or send a mass email?" Jules smiled while shaking her head.
"Well everyone's going to be at the party tonight so why not tell them, it'll be your last time to really party with us" She was right, don't get me wrong there were parties on the weekdays but only a few people went to them, they weren't as fun.
"Your right" I smiled standing up and looking at the outfit.
"That is not the outfit" Jules looked at the clothes before standing up walking over to my wardrobe and assessing what she had to work with.