Maddy- "So how was prom?"

REQUESTED
Description: You and Maddy have been dating and it's prom time.
Warnings: swearing
*******************************************
"What about this?" Maddy pushed another her phone into my view, yet again another purple prom outfit.
"Does it have to be that?" I questioned Maddy's smile fell pulling her phone back towards herself.
"Yes, we have to match" Even though her face was slightly covered with her hair I could tell that she was squinting at me as if to say 'duh'.  I let out a sigh looking over at the picture yet again.
"Fine, we can have a look for something like that" Maddy's smile quickly returned, she dropped her phone onto the bed before throwing her arms around me.  "But I'm not making any promises" I pulled away Maddy just nodded with a huge smile. She knew she had won, that she would get her way. She always did. I could never say no to her, I couldn't make her sad. Maddy deserved nothing but happiness, I wanted to give her nothing but happiness. Show her what a real relationship was like. A relationship that didn't involve manipulation and abuse. To be treated the way she deserved not just treating her like that to control her.
"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Maddy lightly touched my cheek pulling me back to the present. A small smile mixed with concern.
"Nothing, I promise" I placed my hand on top of Maddy's which was still lightly against my cheek. I pulled both our hands from my face lightly placing a kiss on top of Maddy's hand. A small blush crossed her face before she quickly covered it with her hair. She wouldn't let anyone see that a small act like that could make her crumble.
"hmmm" She broke the silence pushing her hair back, her face still slightly red. "So tomorrow you and I are going to the mall, and finding this" She held the phone back up.
"Something like that" I quickly corrected her but she just shrugged it off looking at the photo on her phone. It wouldn't be long before she'd send it to the group chat telling everyone to not even think of wearing anything similar or she would end them. No one took Maddy's threats lightly especially when it came to prom.

"So how did it go?" Fez let out a puff of smoke as I sat in one of the chairs that were outside the front of the store. Rue was sat in the other one looking rather sober. I mean to everyone's knowledge she was sober but it's not like she's not lied about it in the past. The girl sat crossed legged wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts paired with her marron hoodie. Rue looked from Fez to me waiting for me to speak.
"Shit, I think I tried on about a hundred different things" I slouched back into the chair, Fez let out a laugh before taking another drag of whatever he was smoking.
"See, know this is why I didn't attend prom" He let out another puff of smoke, this time in the opposite direction of Rue and me.
"No, you didn't go to prom because you dropped out" Rue stifled a laugh as I looked over at Fez who just smiled and nodded.
"Yeah but I probably could have gone to one, it doesn't seem that hard to sneak in" He finished whatever he was smoking and quickly threw it away turning back to us.
"You should, I might actually have a good time" Rue mumbled just loud enough for us to hear. Both Fez and I turned to look at the girl waiting for her to elaborate. Rue looked up seeing the two of us staring at her. "I mean, it's not like I've got anyone to go with, not like you and Maddy" Rue turned to look at me, I offered her a smile, she nodded turning back to Fez. "Thinking about it I might just not even go"
"What no." I quickly turned to the girl placing my hand on her arm. "Look just because you haven't got someone to go with doesn't mean you shouldn't go. I mean you're Rue Bennet you have to be there" I turned to look at Fez for support but he just stood there nodding his head. I turned back to Rue. "Look Maddy and I will be there, Kat will be there. Lexi will be there and she doesn't have a date"
"Yeah, I don't know just everything with Jules sucks at the moment" I gave her arm a small squeeze.
"Well for this night you can just forget about her and have fun with your friends before we leave this hell hole." Rue nodded a small smile returning to her face.  "I would say we could burn the place to the ground but Maddy would literally kill me if I ruined her prom" Rue laughed a bigger smile appearing on her face.

"Okay, y/n look this way" Mr Perez held a camera up as he took another picture. I forced a smile as he took a picture. God Maddy, please hurry up. I stood at the bottom of the stairs as both our parents stood taking pictures. I was trying my hardest not to rub my hands, I could feel the sweat building as my anxiety built. I also can't have sweaty hands for when Maddy got down here. Fuck it. I sly rubbed my hands on my outfit. "I promise that is all" Mr Perez peered over the camera.
"I feel like this is all a lot" I laughed trying to hide the nerves in my voice. All the adults smiled, my parents let out a small laugh.
"Maddy told us we better get a picture of everything. You know that girl." Mrs Perez laughed sharing a look with my mom. When Maddy and I first started dating I never thought our parents would be as close as they are. I thought they'd somewhat get along but not be almost best friends. There had been times Maddy and I had gotten back from dates and our moms would be in the kitchen while our dads were both sat in the living room watching god knows what on the TV.
"You guys ready!" Maddy called from the top of the stairs. I quickly turned towards the voice not wanting to miss the moment she came walking down. I had an idea of what she was wearing, basically the colour and small details but hadn't seen the whole dress. I only knew what she wanted me to know. "Okay, I'm coming out now. y/n you better be ready" Her voice was stern, a small smile played on my face before I even saw her.  I took a deep breath as the sound of Maddy's heels got closer, the sound of the camera going off in the background but I wasn't focusing on that. My smile grew as she appeared, god she also look beautiful but right now she looked ethereal. She looked like she had walked right out of one of her many fashion magazines. No, she looked better than someone in one of those. My smile grew with each step that she took. I couldn't believe that she was my girlfriend. How did I get so fucking lucky. I reached out taking her hand into mine, I placed a small kiss on her hand. The blush from the other day appeared again but this time she couldn't hide it. I held her hand as she walked down the stairs and now stood in front of me. The sound of the camera quietly in the background.
"How do I look?" She whispered, her smile falling as she looked down. I can't believe she could ever feel like she wasn't gorgeous. She could wear anything and she'd still look good.
"ethereal" The girl's smile grew again. "I can't believe your my girlfriend" Maddy shook her head slightly pushing me before looking down. "Maddy believe me when I say you are the most gorgeous girl to ever walk the planet and anyone who has ever told you differently is an asshole"
"I would totally kiss you right now but I really don't want to ruin my makeup before we take pictures" I let out a laugh slightly turning to my parents who were just standing watching the pair of us, Mr Perez continuing to take pictures.
"Alright, you two proper picture times" Mrs Perez announced with a smile, a glint in her eyes as she watched us.

After about twenty minutes of picture taking, we were finally able to separate from our parents. Maddy and I walked hand in hand through the door that led into the hall that had been excellently decorated by Lexi and the rest of the committee. I mean I knew Lexi never did anything half-arsed but she had outdone herself with this. It was so well planned even down to the small little details near the refreshment table.
"Maddy, y/n!" Kat called signalling to the table where she was sitting. Lexi and Rue also sat around the table, the pair happily chatting away. "Wow you two look stunning" Kat complimented as the two of us got closer to the table. Lexi and Rue both turned to look at us.
"Wow, yeah no, she's a hundred percent correct" Lexi added Rue sat happily nodding next to her.
"Us? Have you guys seen yourself" Maddys complimented the group. Kat smiled while Lexi looked down at the table a small blush appearing. Rue sat with the same expression, she wasn't big on compliments especially if it was about appearances.
"Anyway sit" Kat signalled to two empty seats at the table. Maddy lead the two of us to the empty chairs taking a seat.

"So how was prom?" I asked Maddy as the two of us slowly swayed to the cheesy slow song in the background.
"It was really great" She smiled looking around at the other couples that were dancing, or the friends that had paired up to have one final dance such as Rue and Lexi.
"Was it everything you imagined?" I asked as the girl turned back to look at me. I waited but Maddy just shook her head. "Wait, what? What was wrong?" My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to think about what may have not been up to her stands. The only thing that could have gone wrong was if Nate or Cassie had started something but the pair hadn't even turned up.
"Hey, it was better than what I imagined" She smiled, a sense of relief flooding over me. "Want to know why?" Maddy raised an eyebrow, I quickly nodded not wasting a second. "When I imagined prom I imagined it being with Nate but here I am with you and that is so much better" Maddy moved a piece of hair that had fallen in front of my face before slowly leaning in and kissing me. "So much better than Nate" She smiled as she pulled away.