Rue- "Rue?"

Description: y/n likes Rue, but y/n sees something that upsets her
Warnings: talking about Rues overdose.
***************************************
Rue Bennett the only person in this world that truly made me happy, the only person I cared for. Rue had been one of my closest friends for a while, if I'm being truly honest I didn't want to just be friends with her. I liked her maybe even loved her, I remember when I first her about how she overdosed, I remember thinking the worse and it felt like my whole world was crashing. I know you shouldn't make you whole world and happiness about one person but when it came to Rue it was hard not to. To me she was perfect. Over the last two months my feelings for her had deepened, if that was possible. But I'd also started to feel jealous, before it use to be just me and Rue but at the end of summer a new girl called Jules had appeared and Rue had instantly taken a like to her.

Right now I was sat in my bed moping, i had seen from Jules snapchat that she was hanging at Rues. I let out a sigh as I lay my head hanging off the bed as I lay looking up at the ceiling.
"What's wrong with you?" I looked over at my door to see my brother standing the leaning against the doorframe.
"Go away" I moaned returning my gaze to the ceiling.
"Sadly I can't do that" I rolled my eyes.
"And whys that?" I asked as I felt him next to me.
"Because mom sent me up her to sort you out" I shook my head. "So tell me what up?" I let out a sigh as I sat up looking at him.
"So I like this person right-" "Rue?" He interrupted, i gave him a look telling him to shut up.
"Anyway she's been hanging with person I know it sounds stupid but it feel like we're drifting apart and it hurts" I looked up to see actual concern on my brothers face.
"Okay, have you told Rue how you feel?" He questioned.
"Your joking right?" I replied.
"Y/n how do you expect anything to happen if you don't tell her how you feel. I mean you want to be more then friends right" I looked down nodding my head. "So tell her" he was right, I don't know where I got this confidence from but I knew I had to do it now.

I walked down the stairs slipping my shoes on and grabbing my coat.
"I'm heading to Rues!" I yelled as I pulled the front door open and making my way out shutting it behind me.
The walk to Rues was a short one, half way through I was tempted to just turn around and leave everything how it was now. I mean what if I told Rue how I feel and she didn't feel the same way about me? What if I ruin our friendship? I shook my head, if I keep thinking like this I'm never going to get in a relationship.

I finally reached the Bennett house, I walked to the door and knocked waiting for someone to answer. After a minute or two the door was pulled open revealing Gia.
"Y/n" Gia smiled pulling me into a hug.
"Hey" I said returning the hug.
"How have you been?" She asked pulling me into the house, the door shutting behind us.
"I've been good. What about you?" I smiled at the girl.
"Yeah it's been good, I have a boyfriend now" she seemed genuinely happy.
"That's good" I replied.
"Gia who are you talking to?" I heard Mrs Bennett ask as she walked into the room. "Y/n" she greeted me. "I'm guessing your here for Rue.
"Yeah" I smiled.
"She's I'm her room with Jules" she pointed behind her towards Rues room. Gia had disappeared.
"Thanks" I smiled again and made my way to Rues room. With each step my nerves kept building. I can't believe I'm actually going to do this. I finally reached Rue door and knocked only lightly, I wasn't sure whether she had actually heard due to the music playing.
"Rue?" I said opening the door. As soon as I did I felt everything inside me crush, my hope, heart. There stood Rue and Jules kissing, deep down part of me knew this could happen. I hoped that Rue didn't like her.
"Y/n" Rue said finally noticing me.
"Sorry" I mumbled shutting the door I quickly turned and made my way to the front door.
"Y/n?" Gia was sat the table, I quickly walked past not answering her. I knew if I stayed any longer I wouldn't be able to hold the tears. I walked over to the front door opening it and leaving.

****
Feel free to request
Feel free to message me
I promise I'm a nice person🥺