Nate- "Why do you care"

Requested.
Description: nate witness something and helps you (I don't know how to describe this)
Warnings: sexual assault,
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I let out a sigh as I took a seat in history, I started to tap my pencil as I waited for the teacher to walk in, every second I hoped her wouldn't turn up. Over the last year my teacher had taken a interest in me, he'd try to get me alone as much as possible, always put his hands on me, he made me sick, I wanted to report him, report everything that he did, but I couldn't, who would believe me? His a teacher, the teacher everyone loved, respected, I would be a liar, just a delusion school girl making up lies. Even if I did report him I'd have to tell my parents, my friends, people would look at me differently.
"Hey you okay?" I jumped as a presence moved next to me. I quickly looked up to see Nate Jacobs looking down at me with concern.
"What?" I questioned stopping the tapping of my pen.
"I asked if you were okay" again concern on his face.
"Yeah I'm fine" I lied, Nate looked at me, I could tell that he didn't believe me.
"You sure? " he said walking over to the seat next to me and pulling the chair out.
"I just want to get this class over" I looked down at the desk.
"Yeah Mr Saltzman a dick" Nate laughed, I forced a smile trying to play along.
"Yeah" I sighed running a hand through me hair.
"Are you sure that's all?" Again I forced a smile nodding my head. Nate pulled his backpack on to the desk grabbing his book and pens and setting them on the table.
"Good morning class!" Mr saltzman walked in books I'm hand, he surveyed the room before his eyes landed on me. He smiled placing the books down, to everyone else the smile probably seemed friendly but to me it was sinister. Class started and my anxiety started to build with each second, as much as I wanted this class to be over I knew Mr Saltzman would find a way for me to stay behind, I tried to focus on my work but my leg started to shake from all the anxiety.
"Dev, Devin?" I turned as Nate poked my arm.
"Hmmm" I turned to look over at him.
"You sure you okay?" Again the same concern on his face, I always pondered the idea of saying something to Nate, does he actually care? What would he say? We'd not long become friends but we'd grown closer, he was one of the closest people to me.
"I said I'm fine" I snapped not meaning, Nate looked from me and back to his work.
"Devin" I turned from Nate to Mr Saltzman who was now stood up looking over at the two of us. "How about you stop interrupting Mr Jacobs" he crossed his arms, before I could say anything he held his hand up. "I'll see you after class" it felt like all the air had been sucked out my body, I took a deep breath trying to remind myself how to breath.
"Sir-" Nate put his hand up. "Mr Jacobs focus on your work" Mr Saltzman demanded.

After that the class seemed to pass in a flash.
"Devin stay behind" I let out a sigh as I pushed my belongings back into my bag.
"Sir it was really my fault" Nate stood forward throwing his backpack over his shoulder.
"Saving it Mr Jacobs, you don't need to cover for her" Nate looked from the teacher to me out of disbelief.
"I'm not!" He argues as he stood between the two of us.
"If I was you Mr Jacobs I would leave" he pointed at the door. "Leave before I send you to the principals office" Nate looked back at me, I wanted to beg him to stay, not to leave but I knew Nate was already in enough trouble. Nate let out a laugh before walking over to the door and pushing it open, I watched as the door shut behind him locking me in my own personal hell.

Nates P.O.V
What an asshole! I pushed the door open allowing it to hit the school wall. It was my fault, I tried to tell him that.
"what's up with you" one of the guys from the football team asked.
"Just Mr Saltzman being a dick" I rested against the locker my anger boiling more up.
"What? He's the best" the dude looked at me like I had grown a second head.
"He's really not" I looked from him to the classroom door, I was going to wait here till Devin came out so I can apologise. "You coming?" He signalled to the door leading towards the canteen.
"Na you go ahead" I sighed resting my head against the locker, the guy just nodded before walking away. A few minutes passed and she still wasn't out, I pulled my phone out checking the time, a whole seven minutes had passed, I slipped my phone back in my pocket as I looked back at the door pushing myself off the locker walking closer to the door. I was about two feet from the door when I heard a loud clash, I dropped my backpack as I quickly walked over to the door pushing it open. As I walked in I noticed almost the things off Mr Saltzman desk lay on the ground, I quickly looked from them to the pair, Devin seemed to be pulling away from Mr Saltzman while he had a tight grip on her wrist.
"What the hell is going on!" The pair both turned to look at me, the desperation evident on Devins face while Mr Saltzman seemed to be cool.
"Devin here just knocked some stuff off my desk out of anger, I was just telling her to pick them up" he quickly let go of her wrist and brushing his shirt down. "Isn't that right Devin" he looked from me to her. She seemed to hesitant she seemed to not know what to say.
"Y-yeah" she stuttered looking down at the ground, everything inside me was screaming that this wasn't true, they were both lying.
"Look we both got a bit upset why don't I let this one slide and let you get going" he laughed looking at Devin with a smile. She didn't say anything she just picked her belongings up and left the room. I gave Mr Saltzman one last look before following after Devin.
"Devin!" I called out following her out the room, I was unable to catch up with her.

Three days had passed and she hasn't been to school, I've asked her friends and they've all said that she's sick. Lunch finally rolled around and I made my way to the back of the school where I knew one of Devins friend hangs out.
"Rue!" I called as I walked around the corned of the building.
"Shit" the girl seemed to scramble to hide something, I watched as she shoved something in her pocket before turning to face me. "Oh it's just you" she laughed sitting back down.
"Have you heard from Devin?" I asked, the girl nodded. "Okay and?" I took another step forward.
"She's ill" she shrugged. "Why do you care" she looked me up and down.
"Because I do" I sighed looking down at the ground.
"What does the Nate Jacobs have a crush" Rue asked pulling something out of her pocket.
"So is she at home?" Rue nodded as a reply. "Okay so where does she live" Rue squinted at me pondering it over before eventually telling me her address. "Thank you" I pulled my keys and turned walking towards the school parking lot, I kept my walk just short of a run as I made my way to my car. I quickly got in and started the car up. As I made my way to her address I stopped and picked up a few things to cheer her up. After a few more minutes I pulled up in front of her house. I grabbed everything that I had brought and made my way to the front door knocking.

Devins P.O.V
I lay on my side in my bed again replaying the events, what would have happened if Nate hadn't walked in, he'd always...he never tried to go there...I turned again in my bed picking my phone up, no new messages, I placed it back down and closed my eyes. As I started to drift off a knocking brought me two, at first I thought I imagined it but then there was another. I sighed pushing the bed sheets off and getting up walking over to my window and looking down, my bedroom looked out to the front meaning I could see who usually see who was at the door, the only thing that I could make out was a black jacket. It was probably just a delivery man. I walked to the bedroom door and walked out, I quickly made my way down the stairs as the knocking started again. As the person started to knock again I pulled the door open.
"Nate" I was taken aback seeing him standing in my front porch, a teddy bear in one hand and sweets in another.
"I heard you were ill, so I thought these would cheer you up" he held the things up looking from the bear to the sweets. "Okay maybe I shouldn't have brought sweets but I know you have a sweet tooth" he laughed, I smiled.
"Come in" I stepped back allowing him to entered the house.

Nates P.O.V
Devin stepped back allowing me to enter, as I entered I couldn't notice how much more modern it was inside then it was outside. I watched as Devin made her ways up the stairs.
"You coming" she called as she carried on walking.
"Yeah sure" I held the stuff tighter as I followed her up the stairs and towards the first door.
"Welcome to my room" she opened the door and walking in. The first thing that hit me was how sweet the room smelt, was a mix of different styles, I turned taking the room in.
"Cool place" Devin laughed taking a seat on the bed. I smiled turning to face her and walking closer placing the teddy bear and sweets next to her.
"You can sit" she smiled signalling to the opposite side of the bed, I nodded taking a seat. Again I looked around the room then back at her, she seemed more tired then usual, her hair was a mess, and her eyes still had a redness signalling that she was crying not long ago.
"So what going on? Why haven't you been at school" I spit out, Devin looked away at the window before looking back at me.
"I've been ill" I couldn't tell that was a lie.
"Really that's the only reason your avoiding going to school" I carried on questioning, again she looked down not meeting my gaze. "Dev whatever it is you can tell me" I reassured her moving closer. She sniffed looking up tears building up, her leg shaking like it did in class. "Does it have to do with what happened with Mr Saltzman?" As soon as I said his name she broke down. "Hey, hey" I moved closer pulling her into a hug rubbing my hand against her back as she cried. "It's okay, it's okay" she carried on crying, I felt useless I didn't know what else to do, I don't know if there's anything else I can do. "You can tell, it doesn't have to be now, whenever you comfortable"

••••
Hope you guys liked
Also like part of me has been watching Outer Banks and I wanted to start an imagine book on them but like I have two already and two own stories that I'm working on and I'm not sure if I'll ever publish.
It's different writing imagines and writing your own story, of someone doesn't like my imagines it downs affect me as much as if someone hates the story/plot I came up with you get me.
X