♠ 45 - Things got worse

Shawn

"I'm going to give you a freaking chance to explain yourself before I put two bullets through your skull."

The traitor laughed hysterically like i was making jokes.

"Why'd you do it?!" I gritted.

"Because..." His laughter stopped as he stared into my eyes daringly. "Aman and the Crescent avengers are the future of this country."

"Your actions put my men in freaking danger." I gritted.

"How could those evil men rule the country after all their sins and bloodshed? How could we ever let them live in peace? Every single one of those bastards in the government will taste our wrath for what they did to us 20 years ago."

"Lock him up. He's a lost cause." I commanded when I realized talking to him was pointless. Aman's brainwashed this one.

I was walking away while my men were about to take him away when he spoke...

"And to think your wife is going to hate you for the rest of your life because she thinks you killed her father. Quite, the twist actually."

I halted in my steps.

"She's never going to forgive you." He continued.

I know she's not going to forgive me. I've lied to her. I've deceived her. If she chooses to leave me, I won't stop her. I tried to look away. His words were just a painful reminder of my current predicament and my wasted efforts to get her back. But then the traitor crossed line with his next words...

"Aman is going to wreak havoc on the government. He just needed a rift that was caused by taking out just one man. Besides... One or two lives for the sake of redemption of many is a small small price to pay. He was an old man. He could've died anyway."

And then the tip of the ice berg...

"Long. Live. Aman."

And I lost all senses.

In one swift move, I dived on him. Punching and punching and punching. I didn't give him a second to breathe as I kept going at it. I was going to spare him but not anymore. I'd kill him with my bare hands right this moment if I had to.

I threw him across the floor and he rolled, wincing in pain. I was closing the distance between us, ready to give him round two when he began crawling away. I clenched my fists while I watched his futile attempt to get away which obviously, there was no escape from me.

My eyes traced his movements till I saw him cradle at Curtis's feet.

I didn't even realize she was there.

"Please ma'am. B-beg him to have mercy. P-please, I-i don't want to die, he's going to k-kill me." He cried out as he kneeled before Curtis's feet.

She raised her gaze at me, taking a hard look with mixed expressions of shock and fear.

I, for the first time now acknowledging my arm, fists, and the floor were stained with the traitors blood. This was a side of me I never wanted her to see. But like I said before, I'm done hiding things from her. At some point she had to see me for the monster I was.

"Shawn, what are you doing?" She asked as she looked at me with teary eyes and a shaky breath.

"He helped Aman escape!" I yelled as I slowly closed our distance.

"N-no, I promise. I-i d-didn't d-do any of that." The man cried again. Holding onto Curtis tighter and the sight of it irritated the hell outta me.

"Shawn, it's enough. Look at him. Just stop, please." She pleaded.