♠ 20- Engaged?

"Mom, Dad, What are you guys doing here?"

"We heard you got arrested." She kisses my forehead. "What happened Curtis. I didn't believe Hunter when he told me you killed someone. I know you're not capable of that."

"Hunter," He stood at the corner with folded arms. "I told you not to bring my parents into this."

"And why shouldn't we know about this?" My dad asked.

"You know i don't like it when you stress yourselves." I bit my lips slowly like a child.

"Do you know how serious a murder case is Curtis?" My dad looked pissed. "On that note you choose to keep it from us."

"No, dad. It's not that way at all."

"Honey, calm down." Mom patted him on his shoulders before looking towards me. "You're our baby. Why wouldn't we worry." She caressed my hair slowly before placing a light kiss on my forehead.

"Where's Seth?" I enquired about my little brother.

"He's home with his friends. We'll inform him that you have been released from police custody when we get home." My dad said.

"Where's Emily." I asked and they all shared a discomforting look. A look in which i understood she was still mad at me or didn't care about me being in jail.

"So, when were you planning on telling us you were engaged?" Hunter said with a smirk on his face, lightening the mood.

I scoffed. "What?"

"Oh, come on. We saw everything." Hunter teases.

"It's nothing, honestly." I assure them.

"No, it's a huge thing and my dear, we are happy for you. Why didn't you speak earlier? Wait let me guess, you wanted it to be a surprise." She kept on talking not letting me answer. She held my hands reassuringly. "I've always waited for this day. When I'd finally see you settled down and happily married. The way he defended you in there against the police, a man like that is worth keeping. He'll keep you safe, love you and he will be your greatest step in moving on from Phil. Congratulations." She said as she embraced me.

"If only you knew Mom." I murmured.

She breaks the embrace. "Did you say something?"

"No, Not at all." I lied. "Come, let's get you guys on a taxi to home."

I saw them off and Hunter went back to the station to get my belongings the police took. "Here, you go." He handed them to me. "Do you need a ride home?"

"Not at all. Thanks alot." I pecked his cheeks and he went in to continue his work. My eyes followed Hunters trail till a familiar figure got in the way.

Mr. Lannister took slow, calm steps towards me. His eyes were locked in mine. His physique, undeniably strong. One more step from him, and he'd breath the same air as me, then there another figure that blocked him from reaching me, Tara's.

"Oh sorry, did i interrupt something." She had on a devious coy smile. There was no reply from either of us and she continued. "So, you two are engaged right? That's funny because, i don't see no ring. Why don't you have on your ring, Curtis? Did you loose it?" She eyed my fingers.

"Don't step on my toes, Tara. Leave us." He said as he held my hand in his, and i slowly trail my eyes at the contact to his face. "It's our personal business. Stay the fuck away from her."

"When is the wedding then?" She persisted.

There was silence between us for a while before he spoke up. ''In two weeks."