♠ 10- Triggered

At that moment i wish i would just disappear. I summoned courage, took a deep breath, closed my eyes and slowly turned around to meet his gaze. He wore ash jogger pants and was bare chested. The view i was getting of him now, i almost drooled. He's rose beige skin was beautiful, his chest was hairless and smooth, also well built with 8 abs, i could see the veins that ran through his chest and muscles. He was leaning against the door frame with hands in his pockets, while he had a smirk on his face.

I opened my mouth to speak but failed miserably at it, i felt numb suddenly, the wise thing to do now was to run. In a hurry, i bent down, picked up the underwear that fell to the floor, put it inside the drawer and turned to leave. The first steps i took came with the sound of a crash, leaving me wide eyed. It seems my sleeve got stuck in the drawer and my attempt to walk away pulled the whole compartment for briefs to the floor.

'Seriously, why me?' I thought as i clumsily began packing the briefs into the drawer. Omg, what am i doing? Touching my boss's underwear. While i did it, my hair kept getting in the way, i struggled with pulling my hair behind my ears multiple times, my fingers were now shaking as i continued picking the underwear. I heard a laughter from him as he watched me and i groaned. 'Is he finding this funny? Curtis, what have you gotten yourself into?' I asked myself.

All the underwear were now packed into the drawer, then i stood up to put the drawer back into the compartment. I tried once, twice, 3 minutes more, i was still having trouble with the drawer that was 2 times my weight, and he found pleasure in it, he'd been laughing over the issue, i was tensed but i wasn't going to give up.

I kept on trying, next i felt him stand behind me, his body was so close to mine, and he carefully lined my arms with his, and gently slid the drawer into the compartment. None of us moved, i guess he was enjoying the feel of my body, the same way i was enjoying his. I peered at him through my lashes and mid wet hair, he inhaled sharply, drinking my scent. I closed my eyes feeling in the moment as he gently pulled the hair that fell to my face behind my ear, and my body shivered from the contact. I don't know about him, but this moment felt very intimate for me. He bent his head to my side and grazed my neck, his touch sending fire through my body.

"Dinner's downstairs Ms. Rollins, not in here." He said in a grim tone and released me, now walking out the wardrobe. It took me a minute to gain myself before running after him.

•~

"Fried chicken and waffles." I said while i licked my lips, staring at the food before me. I picked up my fork and tasted a slice of the chicken. "Hmmm, this is so good, did you make this?" I asked, mouthful.

"No, i called my maid to come in at 11pm to cook for me." He replied sarcastically, sipping his coffee and reading a book.

"I didn't know you could cook so well, this is really nice." I said, while filling my mouth full.

"And i didn't know you lacked table manners as well." He said, not giving me a glance.

"Aren't you eating as well?"

"I already had dinner."

"I thought you were a gentleman honestly."

"Pardon?"

"How could you eat without me?"

We both speed talked.

He gave me a stern look "So, if you were to wake up in two days, i would wait till then before i eat."

"Well you have a point." We both remained silent for a while till i spoke again "What's the name of this place, white house?" I joked but he didn't find it funny. I took a huge bite of the chicken and he gagged.

I swallowed before speaking. "I just really love chicken, don't mind me," There was no reply from him so i continued. "and i guess you'd know that since you're Eddie." I said, with a smile.

"I am not Eddie, don't ever call me that, ever." He snarled and got up from his seat. "Feel at home, I'm upstairs working." Was the last thing he said, before exiting the dinning table.

"Gosh, he's so grumpy at times." I murmured.

I finished my food and cleared the dishes. I was getting bored so i decided to take a tour of the house by myself. Everything about his house was white, except the decors that stood out in different colours. The bedrooms were upstairs while the main living room was downstairs. The kitchen and dinning were opposite the living room and the stairs were close to it. There was a small pathway in an adjacent angle from the stairs, the pathway had a full glass with an opening to a beautiful garden. Reaching the end of the pathway was an office with a door that had a large see through squares. The door automatically opened when i stood in front of it and i walked in.

My eyes first caught the beautiful red roses that were arranged in a vase. It was eye catchy since everything in his office was white. I walked close to the vase and smiled. These were the same roses i see on my desk every morning, they were from Eddie, from him, and somehow i knew he was the one who replaced my office files with Mrs. Manchester's books at the book launch to save my ass. In your face Martha.

I looked around, admiring his office till i got to his desk. I sat down on his large swivel chair, it felt so comfortable. He had some files on his desk, i was looking through it when one of them that was labeled 'confidential' caught my eyes. I wondered what confidential meant.

'Well if it's confidential, i shouldn't open it then' I thought. I was about dropping it when the picture of a woman fell out, i picked it up the photo and i couldn't believe my eyes.

"What are you doing!"

I raised my head to see a very angry Mr. Lannister, i quickly put the photo inside the file and stood up.

"Sir, i was..." He didn't let me finish my statement and in one swift move he pulled my arm, dragging me out of his office. He put on a shirt and continued to drag me out his house. My feet slipped while trying to keep pace with his long strides.

Now we're in his car, driving off to somewhere i don't know. I couldn't ask him where we were going because i was afraid. Minutes later, the car stopped at a familiar building, my apartment building. He got down, opened my door and pulled me out of the car to the entrance then turned to leave, without saying a word to me. No, I'm not taking that.

"What the hell is problem? Dropping a lady in your shirt, at her building and at 1am?" I yelled, frustrated.

"Nothing is my problem! Infact you should be thanking me i didn't drop you in the street, where i found you. Some people are really keen about their privacy. I said feel at home not stoop around and invade my space!" He said while walking towards me.

I narrowed my eyes and bit my lips seductively.

"Don't give me that look, Ms. Rollins, i am really not interested, have a goodnight." He said before heading for his car.

I scoffed "Oh really, if you were not interested you wouldn't disguise yourself as Eddie." He kept mute, still heading for his car. "Why did you save me? How do you even know where i live?" I continued but there was still no reply from him. Think Curtis, Trigger him.

"I don't understand you! What's your deal? When i found out you were Eddie, you got mad and today i found my picture in your file, on your desk, Sir." Yes, that's right, the woman in the photo was me "Still you got mad, what's your deal? Tell me, everytime i find something about you, you get mad, what are you so afraid of?!" I yelled.

That hit him. He was about to enter his car, but he paused.

I ran towards him and held his arm. "Shawn, I'm talking to you."

In one swift move he held my neck, choking me as he pressed my body to his car in a slight force. I looked into his eyes and, it read anger.

"That'll be Mr. Lannister to you and, don't you ever touch me again, understood?" He released me coughing, and got into his car and zoomed off.

____please don't forget to vote or comment. Anything for your girl please.😭😭 It'll be much appreciated