♠ 36- Apologies and Distractions

Shawn

The minute Aman ended the call, I tried reaching out to Curtis. I got scared Aman had done something to her in my absence. When she didn't answer the phone on several attempts, I dropped everything and headed back to her. On the entrance of the house, I figured out the house was on emergency lockdown. Strange because, Wema only initiated this feature when there was a problem. Fear shook me to the deepest part of being with the thought of something bad happening to Curtis.

I quickly annulled the lockdown, putting in my code and the lockdown was eased. I took swift long strides into the house with my chest heaving. I was actually scared.

"Curtis! Curt..." I trailed off at the sight in front of me. A solemn peace swept over me when I entered the living room and found her balled up, napping. I sighed. Relieved.

I closed the distance, squatting next to the arm chair she was laying on. Admiring her beautiful face as she slept. The air she took in made her heavy chests expand, and the valley between her chest looked like it was going to burst out of her v-neck shirt. Simply mesmerizing that I wish I could sink my head in it to feel her warmth.

Then she let out the air and her chest deflated.

I ran my hand along her arm. She was warm. My hand played on her curves for a while before finding it's way to her face. I brushed the strand of hair that fell down her cheek before caressing. Feeling it's softness. Absolutely stunning.

Then my gaze dropped to her lips. I couldn't stop myself from feeling the softness of her lips with my thumb, then with my tongue. The distance between us, so close, we were practically breathing in the same air. I just wanted to sink in and have the full flavour. The full package.

My chest tightened and I paused. I fucking stopped. The last time I gave in, I had her wrapped in my sheets,  moaning like her life depended on it. If i gave in again, I'd be leading myself on to emotions that were wrong. This was wrong.

Loving her wasn't part of the fucking plan!

Before I could withdraw from her, her lashes fluttered open and pretty blue eyes met mine.

"Shawn," She gasped, adjusting herself in the arm chair, looking round the room as she blinked her eyes few times to adjust to the light intensity in the room.

"You're back," She said weakly. Her beautiful face was wrinkled. I watched how her once sleepy eyes turned into a sad ones with an horrific expression. "You're back." She said once more before diving into my warmth, whimpering on my chest.

I simply nodded as I patted  and ran my fingers through her hair. Words couldn't describe how happy I was. She was okay. Aman hadn't gotten to her. She was safe. Safe in my arms.

"I was so scared. I-i thought I was going to die." She said in between sobs. "I-i don't know what happened. I tried to get out, everywhere was locked. T-two d-days, Shawn. I was so confused. I-i..."

I hushed her. "It's okay, babe. It's okay."

She pulled away from my chest to look me with teary eyes. "I-i found this on the floor after you left." She said, showing me my flash drive. A very important flash drive. "I-i tried to check what w-was on it. T-then the house locked me in. I-i was so scared Shawn. I-i... I-i shouldn't have checked through your things. I-i..."

"Stop." I trailed her off. Taking the flash drive from her and putting it into my pocket. First things, first.

I raised her chin, wiping the tears off her eyes as I spoke. "I made the mistake. I'm the one at fault. I shouldn't have yelled at you the other day. I was a jerk. A stupid one at that. I'm sorry. Can you please, forgive me?"