♠ 39- Outside the operation room

Shawn

...Breathe...

...Take deep breaths honey, you're doing fine...

...You're gonna be fine...

Those were my last words to her before they rolled her body away.

Tonight, i failed.

I couldn't protect her. And in that moment, I couldn't hate anything more than my existence.

The room felt like it was spinning. I closed my eye shut as my head laid back on the bench. I tried to remain calm. I wanted dead silence, but the echoes around me were reminiscing the horrific incident. Then, anxiety crept in. Suddenly, I wanted to yell out loud to the voices, 'Shut up! Just shut the fuck up!'

"Nick."

I heard my name, a name that no one would dare call me in public. Except Mei.

"Yes?" I replied with a low tone from the dryness I felt in my throat.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded.

She sighed. "You don't have to hide your feelings." She said as she took her sit beside me. "I grew up with you, Nick. You're practically the brother I never had. I know you're scared and worried but you choose to suppress all that emotion..."

"Mei, I'm fine." I cut her off.

"I know you're fine that's what you always say. But I want you to know it's okay to feel pain. It's okay to love someone. It's okay to be scared of loosing someone. It's okay to be loved."

For the first time in our conversation, I opened my eyes to look at her and I couldn't stop the tear that trailed down my cheeks.

She cleaned my face with her palms and took my hands in hers, curving her lips in a warm smile. "When Curtis gets out of that operating room, she'll be fine. And we can go see her." She gave me an assuring smile.

I gripped her hands tighter, and looked at her with determination."I promise, Mei. The people that did this, to Curtis, to my wife, they will pay. Aman. The Crescent Avengers. I'll kill every single one of them. I'llend them all."

My tone came out with devilish intentions, brows clenched with a stern look at space. My blood boiled with icy fury that I could feel the veins in my forehead, come alive.

"Every single one of them."

•~

"It's all about her, mother!" Emily's voice echoed down the hallway next to the surgery room. Along the hallway, Mei and I stood watching the Rollins, including Hunter. It looked like there was an argument.

"It was my engagement party, mother. My party was disrupted and all you people care about is Curtis. How about me mom? I'm your daughter too. I was standing next to Curtis, I could have gotten hit too but nobody cares." She wailed.

Hunter took Emily by her shoulder and shook her rigorously. "Are you mad, Emily? Your sister is in there fighting for her life and all you care about is a damn party? Really?"

"Stop it!!! Stop it Hunter." She pulled herself out of his hold. "Even if I were the one in danger, you all still wouldn't care."

"This mad jealousy you have over your sister needs to stop!" Hunter raised his voice and Emily flung her hair, looking at every one of her family members before walking away with a sob.

"Jealousy?! Really?! That's what you think of me? I can't believe I was going to spend the rest of my life with a horrible person like you."

"Emily!" Hunter yelled, raising his hands to her face but hooked mid air.

Emily gasped. In shock.

Hunter slowly, dropped his hands down, with the realization he nearly- "Emily, I'm..." He didn't finish the statement, she fled from his sight, hurt and he ran after her.

I, for one, didn't care. Hunter did a nice job putting her in her place. She was lucky I didn't do it. She would have jumped off the nearest cliff.

Minutes later, the operating room doors opened, the doctor and nurses were exiting with their tools. I, Curtis's parents and Mei approached them simultaneously, anxiously.

"Doctor, how's my wife?" I asked first in a panicking tone.

"Doctor, is my child ok?" Curtis's Dad asked as well.

"Mr. Lannister..." The doctor turned to me. "Your wife is resting. She's uhm.. highly sedated at the moment but she's safe from harm. She needs rest."

I sighed. Relieved. That was all I wanted to hear. After his words, I could breathe properly. It took a heavy burden off me. She's okay. I'm thankful.

"And the wound?" Curtis's mother asked. The woman was shivering for some reason. I understood why.

"She's lucky," The doctor's voice came again. "The bullet only grazed her shoulder. She'll have to use plasters for a while though."

"Can I take her home when she's awake?" I asked.

"Why not? Sure. After she's transferred to a private room you can see her. Then we'll settle the rest when she's awake. Excuse me." The doctor exited.

Mr. Rollins patted his wife on her shoulder, "C'mon honey, she'll be fine."

She nodded, taking a glance at me. "Thank you for saving Curtis today. I don't know what would... I nearly have lost my daughter today if..."

"Stop it, Mom." I cut her off, taking her hands and placing a slight kiss on it. "I will always protect your daughter. I promise."

"Thank you my son. She's so lucky to have you."

I'm so so so sorry this took so long to update. I've been so busyyyyyy, with a sprinkle of Procastination. Lol. But I'm back now. The next chapter will be better I promise.

I want to thank everyone who has been commenting, voting. I've been seeing it. I really really really appreciate. ♥️🥺