♠ 46 - Moving on

Curtis

"The wedding's in a week?!" I exclaimed.

"Yea. In a week, I told you already." Milton dragged, flipping the pages of a magazine, legs crossed and on the armchair.

"I'm just really shocked that I have to plan one of the biggest wedding's in the country, in a week." I flipped the jotter, looking at the long list again then raised my gaze to Milton. "There's alot of work to do. I'll need an assistant."

"Sure. I'll get the best I can for you."

I widened my eyeballs and raised my arms in a 'seriously?!' look, surprised at how he purposely ignored my complaint and the main issue. Men tend to ignore the main point a lot. Which is tiring for me as an inquisitive woman, honestly.

"Plans for today?" Milton asked.

"Well, I'd like to meet the bride and groom. The bride especially."

"Sure, but it might take a while to see the vice president's daughter. Her schedule is awfully tight this period."

"I'm the one planning her wedding. I need to get her opinion on so many things. This is actually very important."

"I can fix that." He said, lowering the magazine to look at me for the first time since our conversation.

He took his phone, made several phone calls at a corner and some minutes later he walked back towards me that he had arranged my meeting with the intending couple.

We were on our way out then along the hallway and I decided to ask the question that had been on my mind since we arrived.

"So... can we start Seth's treatment then?"

"Uh yes. I will book down an appointment with the doctor tomorrow." He said and I nodded in approval.

My primary motive was to give my family the best life. They've been through alot. I have, personally.

We were given one of the penthouses in one of the most expensive apartments in the country. It was luxurious and beautifully furnished. It was all white and it reminded me of when I lived in Shawn's home. At a point, it did make me sad that I was thinking of all that when I promised myself I'd move on. I promised myself I'd forget.

How can I forget though? How can I forget what his actions cost my family? How does one really forget witnessing a murder anyway?

"Well, if it isn't the best mother in the entire world." I kissed her from behind. My arms wrapped round her hips as she mixed batter on the kitchen table.

"Stop teasing." She giggled. "Where are we going?" She beamed at Milton and I.

"I have to go out with Milton for work. The wedding's in a week." I pulled the hair that fell down her face behind her ears and noticed inaudible murmur from her lips.

"Yea. There's alot to do with such little time." I said, knowing fully well what thoughts were. "Hopefully we get things done... Faster."

"Hold on. I'll package lunch for both of you." Mother said and she quickly wrapped pancakes and juice for us.

"Thanks ma'am." Milton chuckled and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh wow," Mum giggled. "Such a gentleman. Shawn should really learn a thing or two from you."

The smile on my face died instantly when she mentioned his name.

And that awkward silence overtook the atmosphere.

•~

There was a black Range Rover parked at the entrance and I guessed that was our ride for the day. Milton stood right by the back door ready to usher me in but halted.