♠ 37- 30 minutes

Shawn

"Do you have to follow me everywhere I go now?" Curtis spun around to ask me, who was trailing carefully behind her.

"Yes. I'm your body guard and helper today. Oh, great and wise one, use me as you please." I bent slightly and gave her a bow.

"You're bluffing." She giggled, closing distance between us and placed a soft kiss on my lips, before adjusting my bow tie. "There, all done." Bright blue eyes smiled at me.

Following her around was the only way I could keep my eyes on her especially after Aman's threat. To an extent, if she wasn't in danger, I'd still follow her around. Who wouldn't want to when she was looking like a luxurious package in the hot white dress she was wearing.

Earlier, when she came down after dressing up, I couldn't stop myself from staring. I literally drooled. It took me guts to hold back from punching the men around who were trying to eye fuck her. A surge of possessiveness crept in and I felt the sudden urge to pull her closer to me. I gently snaked my arm round her hips while giving a dark glare to her admirers. It was my job to remind them, she was taken. By me, of course.

"Oh, Shawn look. It's the Dawsons."

I spun around to the direction Curtis pointed at and saw Yours truly.

"You guys made it." Curtis loosened herself from my grip to hug Mei and Trent. While I just stood alone, hands in my pocket with a tinge of disappointment.

"You invited us so... here we are." Mei beamed and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my goodness, I love your outfit..." was the last word I comprehended before I zoned out.

Mei and Trent were here simply for one thing, and that was our mission. We had failed to track Aman the day we had a video call because he redirected his location to sixty different places. He was smart. Too smart. Well at least we were ninety percent sure he'd be after Curtis and what's the best way if not through a crowded place.

Her sister's engagement party.

"Shawn," Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "I'm taking Mei with me. We have things to talk about." I scowled. "Don't you worry, we're not gossiping about you guys."

"Watch over her." I whispered in Mei's ear and she nodded the same time Curtis pulled her away.

Silence lingered between I and Trent. Being away from Curtis made me uneasy. Tense. Mei was capable of protecting her but, I just wanted to be there, even if it was from a distance. "Trent..."

"There are cameras all over the place and one of our guys is in the operating room. We made sure the guests were checked before entering the venue. In other words, the whole building is under security surveillance. We also have ready, a standby ambulance in case anything goes wrong. So you don't have to worry."

I sighed. "Thanks, man. I don't know what I would have done without you and Mei." I patted his shoulders while he returned a weak smile, glancing at the ladies walking away.

It wasn't hard to figure out that Trent had feelings for Mei. Asking them to stage as a couple before Curtis was a difficult task for him. I knew he wished it could be something real and I felt his pain because it was somewhat similar to my marriage with Curtis. And Mei, though we grew up together, I can't say I knew what was in her heart because at the end of the day, no one knows what a woman wants.

"What's she doing here?" I asked with nasty glare on the woman who entered the building wearing a long black gown that fit her petite figure nicely.

Trent turned, regarding the lady for a while before responding, "She's colleagues with the groom, remember?"