♠ 19- Arrested

"Curtis," Hunter, a police and Emily's fiancé spoke. "They just want some information from you. Just a few questions, you give them answers and they're done." He placed his hand over mine from the other end of the table, reassuringly.

"What questions?" I asked, weakly. My body felt hazy and Mr. Lannister's words soured my mood.

"I really don't know but just remain calm and do what they say, okay." I nodded and he gave me a pat on the shoulder before leaving. The detective entered into the small cornered room that had a table and one chair placed on the ends with a lamp that hung from above.

"So, Ms. Rollins." The lady took her seat. "Look, i don't like wasting my time. I'm gonna ask you a few questions and you're gonna give me, answers." She wore her glasses and looked me in the eyes, consciously. "Where were you monday night?"

"What do you mean?" I asked with a confused look. The lady raised a brow as she placed her arms on the table and under her chin.

"Do you not understand my question or you're trying to formulate a lie in your head?" I looked through the transparent glass at Hunter, who signaled me to relax. "Where were you, monday night, precisely?"

"I was..." I tried recalling what happened that day. I bit my lips while i thought till i remembered. " Oh yea, it was on the night of the carnival. I, uh, i went shopping for an event that evening then uhm, i got attacked by some men."

"What men?"

"I don't know, they wore black all over and they pursued me into a narrow corner."

She laughed sarcastically at my statement. "And then what happened next?"

"I ran and escaped."

"Wow, isn't that a game changer." She stood up and began circling me like a villian. "Ms. Rollins, let's get down to business, i hate beating around the bush. The real question here is, why did you kill that woman and her son?"

I gasped in shock. "Wait, what!" Turning my head around to meet her angle.

"You heard me right Ms. Rollins. We received a call monday night, neighbors around heard the screaming of a woman and a child around that same alley you claimed to have been pursued into."

"I didn't do anything. I was attacked that night for crying out loud."

"Playing the victim i see." She paused her motion and opened her file and brought out picture evidences of the murder scene.

"I am not playing the victim, i am the victim." I mumbled through my dry throat, feeling suffocated.

"Do you have no humility? You murdered those two in cold blood, and you still deny it!" She said, pointing to the pictures.

"I-I i didn't do anything," I looked into the pictures. "I don't even know this woman. Why would i kill an innocent child? Do you even have any proof?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes, indeed. See we don't just arrest people without having our evidences." She brings a different set of picture out of the bag. "Your murder weapon."

I picked up the picture and i stared at it wide eyed. The murder weapon were knives.

"You recognize it, don't you?" They were the same knives i bought for the dinner party i was planning. I had dropped the bag while i ran away from the men that pursued me.

"These were the same knives you bought from the mall, Monday evening. Yes or Yes?"

"B-but..."

"But you thought you could get away with it, right?" She ticked her tongue. "Pity."