♠ 38- Tainted with blood

___Y'all forgetting to vote. Y'all don't like me anymore? 😫😫 Please vote for me. I'm your girl. 🥺😁

Shawn

When a wrong decision is made, it's called a mistake. Right?

Well then, meeting Tara was the biggest mistake I ever made.

She wasn't the first woman I had an aquaintance with, but so far, she was the only one who refused to let go.

After my parents were murdered on my 7th birthday, I was in shock for years. Till one day, I broke out. I broke out when I decided to avenge their deaths. My revenge and need for justice led me on to this path.

Sadly, I never got that justice.

Though my parents were underground workers for the government, the government turned a black eye to my parents' murder. Then i decided, no one was going to do this for me except for myself. After Mei's parents took me in, I learnt of a bigger conspiracy. The government weren't who they say they were and it seemed, my parents were a threat that's why they had to be taken out.

I became an assassin.

I shed blood for the sake of my parents. I went head on with the corrupt government officials, blood for blood, continuing my parents legacy, as well as Mei's. Laying under my conscience was a pile of dead bodies killed with my own hands.

I was on the run from the government. It got so bad, a bounty was placed on my head. Anyone who could give solid evidence to find Nicholas the ripper, would be made a billionaire overnight. It was a golden opportunity and a lot of people didn't want to loose that.

Hence, my anti-social life. My non-chalant, hot headed attitude. Being anonymous was my thing. That's why when Curtis figured out I was stalking her, I got so mad I had blown my cover. She was too smart for her incredible looks. And till now, No one could call me the name Nicholas in public. It was a threat to my existence.

Being an assassin and yet walking in public wasn't safe unless, there was a strong influential assurance behind you. Like a cover. My cover was Mei's family. Mei came from an influential family in Japan that played an important role in my path because her family was involved in the deal my parents had with the government. I joined her family's secret special force and worked my ranks up that I had a squad under me. Together, we were uncovering the bad individuals and putting an end to them.

Taking out the bad government wasn't an easy task. To take out your enemy, you need to know your enemy. Now that's where Tara comes in. She had links with the confidential files of the government that were sealed away from the public. The missing puzzle I needed. As usual, I played my cards right and got her on my side, feeding me the information for my goal. All she needed in return was my body.

We were at it for a while. From secret meetings to romantic dates. Well, that was it till, I noticed she was snitching on me. She found out I was Nicholas the ripper and she planned to turn me in and get the reward for herself.

But I was smarter, you see.

I gave her two options. One, she reports me to the government then I'll go right ahead and tell them she snitched on them and is the cause of over twenty murders of their comrades by me. Two, she shuts the fuck up and gets out of my life.

She was smart enough to pick two, of course. Knowing the government, even if she handed me over to them, they'd still come around and kill her. A silent death at that. Because a snitch, was a snitch.

I ended that chapter.

Now I was doing shit. The same government whom I hated with every fiber in me, was what I was trying to protect now. A bigger threat arose, and that is Aman. The government's deeds were nothing compared to what Aman and the Crescent Avengers would do if they gained control.