♠ 22- The husband to be

After much anticipation, it was finally dinner time. The table was a bit rowdy because hands were flying over each other, reaching for the meal of their choice. On the table were fried potatoes, macaroni and cheese, egg sauce, spiced fish, vegetable sauce specially made by Mom. Then the table arrangement, Dad sat at the exterior end Mom sat opposite Seth. Emily opposite Hunter. And Me... Well, you should know who was on the other side.

The man of the hour.

*rolling*eyes*

He didn't reach for any dish, his plate was empty as he sat stiff. After that fit we had in the bathroom, The man of the hour was giving me a stare that seemed to leave me breathless for some reason. His jaws clenched severally. His stare was so intense, i felt tension flowing through me like a flood, that even the smiling faces of my family did not ease.

"Seth, what is your problem?" Dad spanked Seth's hand that was reaching for the only serving dish that was wrapped. "That's not for you. Shawn brought it for Curtis."

My eyes widened with shock. First of all they knew his name? I wonder how long he had been keeping in touch with my family and me not knowing. He was mysterious. I knew him as a stalker. From texting me with a fake identity as Eddie, the time i found my picture in his desk drawer, knowing where i live, knowing my parent's house. This man may know things about myself i don't.

"Yes, my dear." Mom lifted the dish and came towards me, placing it on the table. "Your husband to be brought this for you. Nice of him, right?" She smiled at me with bright brown eyes.

I glanced at him, who was loosening the tie around his neck then i opened the dish. I gasped. "Chicken wings." The scent filled the room and there were silent murmuring. It smelled divine. Like damn. I must have drooled.

"Wanna know the best part? He made it himself."

"The man can cook." Hunter complimented.

"Indeed." Mom agreed. "I'm really so happy that my daughter is getting married to someone who cares about her needs." She began serving the chicken wings on my plate. "Do you know how much Curtis loves meat?"

Instantly, i felt guilty.

"He's going to shower you with so much love and I'm happy for that."

I regretted somethings i said earlier to him.

"Not as happy as i am." Said Emily who sat next to me, after taking a sip of orange juice. "I'm going to finally marry the love of my life after depriving me of it for so long, because of someone." She didn't give me a glance.

Two people on the table despised me. My mood was completely ruined.

"Emily, not now." Hunter warned. "Can we just enjoy this moment as one big happy family."

She scoffed. Hunter is gonna have to control this woman after marriage.

"What's wrong my dear, you look pale." Dad said. My family will ask you of anything and everything.

I smiled. "It's nothing Dad. Let's just say i had an eventful day." Not kidding though. My day was circled around the fact i had to take care of a hungover Phil. Tori had done her part admiring him but left me to do the cleaning. I called Phil's driver and he arrived soon to take Phil home.

Now telling my family this will arise more questions.

After Mom whispered something in Mr. Lannister's ear, "are you okay?" and he nodded, she began dishing his food for him.

Four minutes of silence on the table with everyone minding their food. Seth tried telling a few jokes to lighten the atmosphere.

"So Shawn, tell us when you plan on getting married." Dad asked.