♠ 8- Suck at relationships

The man i presume to be Mr. Dawson had jet black hair, olive skin, brown eyes, medium sized mouth and a figure to die for. As he ushered me in, Standing at the centre was a lady, his wife i believe. She had a fair skin, long dark brown hair that reached her elbow, small lined eyes, long pointed nose and a wide mouth with pink lips. In other words, she looked Japanese and she was beautiful indeed. She was smiling at me and i nervously returned it.

"Welcome, Curtis. Come in" She said, while she ushered me towards the inner living room. Everything about this lady screamed Japanese, even the way she spoke. The room had armchairs with the exact number of people that were present, four.

The fourth person was a man, his legs crossed, his arm suspended on the arm of the chair as he stared out the window, he looked lost. He wasn't wearing his suit jacket, he was on his suit shirt, his tie was loose, his neck and chest buttons were loose and the long sleeves of his shirt were now folded. Our footsteps seemed to have knocked him out of his thoughts as he turned towards us, his stare was boring holes into my skin. The man who was sitting was no one other than my boss, Mr. Lannister.

'What is he doing here?' I thought. He looked comfortable. Too comfortable. I mean, for the manager of the hotel to be in a guests room and so informal. He did have meetings in Suites with clients of course, but never this exposed. I sat down opposite him, his stares not breaking away from me, his stare was making my temperature rise and my heart skip.

'No, stay strong Curtis, don't let him intimidate you' I told myself. I summoned courage and raised my face to look him in the eyes. I could see his well defined chest muscles through the unbuttoned shirt, the man was fit. His dark blonde hair was ruffled and some fell down his face, this was not his usual style but, Damn it, he's hot. The sun wasn't making this any easy for me, it shone towards him and reflected on his skin, his gray eyes, and those lips, those totally kissable pink plush lips.

"I hope you're comfortable." The lady asked, breaking our little staring competition. she was now seated on the two-seat armchair with her husband.

"Yes, I'm fine." I lied. The room felt a hundred degrees hotter with my boss in here.

"I thought you said you hated him." My subconscious mocked me.

I gulped. "Get out of my head, bitch." I murmured. Yes, indeed she was a bitch. She always wanted the opposite of what i want, If i followed her advice's I'd have a criminal record by now. "So, am i getting fired or something?" I asked nervously while they all looked surprised. "I don't usually meet my clients and my boss in the same room." I added.

Mr. Dawson chuckled. "First of all you're not fired. Secondly, pardon me for my manners. I'm Trent Dawson and this is my wife, Mei Dawson. We checked into this hotel yesterday, i believe we saw you at the front desk downstairs."

I thought hard and remembered, the couple Tori attended to while i waited. "Yeah, i do remember."

"I booked a romantic dinner with my wife and you organised it, right?" I quickly nodded. "Well, my wife loved it! And i just wanted to say a proper thank you for making the night special for us."

"Oh, you don't have to, it's my job, Sir and i am really happy to know you enjoyed your dinner." I smiled politely.

"Sir? C'mon now, we're friends, i mean my wife is kind of new to this part of the country and she could really do with a friend aside this uptight grumpy man." He said, while tapping Shawn.

"Friends, sounds cool. Though i have never had a Japanese friend."

"Well, now you do and yes, you deserve all the credit and the food? It was awesome. It tasted like it was home. Compliments to the chef."

"I agree, Chef Gaius does know his work." I said and looked towards Mr. Lannister who was now flipping through the pages of a magazine uninterested in our chat.

"So tell us about yourself." Mei requested.

"I'm the event planner over here. I graduated with a degree in management. I'm the first child among three and my parents are very much alive. Boring me." I said.

"How funny but it's nice. And relationships?" Mei asked.

"None." I said with a half smile.

"So tell me why a woman as gorgeous as you is still single, i mean..." Trent said as he drew my figure in the air.

"Because i suck at relationships." I admitted, as i lowered my head. My answer silenced the room instantly, i could literally hear the next person's breathing.

Until a laugh sprung out from the other end of the room. I raised my head and saw it was Mr. Lannister laughing. Not like i said anything funny but i knew that laugh anywhere i heard it, it was a laugh of mockery. It did hurt but what was more important right now was the view i was getting of him. The way his white teeth were reflecting in the ray of the sun, i felt like i would melt any minute. This was the first time i saw him smiling, the first time i ever heard his voice. I can't wait to show this off to Tori.

"What's so funny, Shawn?" Mei asked.

Shawn. That's his name.

"Nothing, really. The magazine articles today are on fire." He said, smiling. He was so beautiful that i felt my chicks redden. Upon seeing my reaction his smile fades away and is quickly replaced with a clenched jaw and a death glare, making me shift deeper in my seat.

"Do you mind lunch? I'm making pancakes in the kitchen." Mei said as she stood up.

"Yes, please." I said. Anything to get me far away from him as possible.

"Follow me." Mei said, giving Shawn a slight push on the head while i follow behind her leaving the two guys.

We're now at the kitchen.
"What pancake flavour would you like?" She asked, bringing all the ingredients from the cupboard.

"Banana." I said briefly

"Ohh that's good. You know Shawn likes banana flavour too." She said, smirking.

We finished the mix for the pancake and began frying. The curious me won the inner battle in my head. "So how long have you known my boss?" I asked.

"I knew Shawn before i met Trent. We go way back. Shawn and his parents lived next door to my family. He was a good boy, loved by everyone. He was warm and caring, until..." She dramatically paused making me lean in to get the story. "the incident happened."

"What incident?" I asked curiously.

"His parents were murdered when he was seven. At such a young age, he knew hatred, vengeance, anger and grief. Ever since, Shawn shut everybody out, he became cold and that night the Shawn u now know was born. The smile i used to see on his face isn't there anymore." She said sympathetically.

"That's just sad." I said, and turned momentarily to look at Mr. Lannister who was seated in the main living room with Trent. Trent was talking to him about an issue that i couldn't make out, but he looked distracted and lost. I sighed and turned my attention towards Mei.

"You can tell." She said as she dropped the pan from heat and turned the gas off. "C'mon lets eat."

____please don't forget to vote or comment. Anything for your girl please.😭😭 It'll be much appreciated