♠ 5- Eddie or not

•~Flashback

I've always been a wreck when it came to relationships till i met Phil. Our relationship started when we were in senior year. He was my first real boyfriend though we came from different backgrounds as his family was wealthy and mine was struggling, it didn't matter to him. He made me feel loved and many things i never imagined, i wanted to be a big event planner someday and he supported me to make sure i achieved my dreams. That period Emily and i were really close, i told her about Phil and eventually my Parents' came to know about our relationship.

Everything went smoothly until he had to leave for college overseas. I trusted him so much that i gave him my pride the night before he left. He promised me he'd come back for me and i held on to that. I was a fool for believing him. Some months later, Phil wasn't answering or returning my calls. I sent him texts but never got a reply and i was really broken.

I took the challenge and went to his parents' house to enquire about him. His mother never liked me and unfortunately she was the one who i met at his home. She told me that Phil had moved on overseas and is now seeing someone else. For the sake of the love Phil and i shared that night, i refused to believe.

Three years later, i still waited for Phil. Though i had some relationships between that time. There was Ted, Mario, Donnie and Kiran. They were the normal type of boyfriends just to feel in the moment but my heart only belonged to Phil. Luckily, one morning, Phil texted me, apologizing for ignoring me and i forgave him. Phil was now a big business tycoon as he took over his Fathers' company. We met up and talked and i felt that connection we had three years ago, still fresh. Once again, i gave myself to him and i didn't regret it one bit. Foolish me.

I woke up the next morning to an empty cold bed, Phil was gone. He left a note saying he was sorry 'he must have been shy.' I thought. I smiled at the note and got out of bed. It was a saturday morning and a friend of mine invited me to a wedding ceremony she organised. I couldn't make it to the church program so i decided to go for the wedding reception. The reception looked amazing, the wedding planner really outdid herself. The MC announced the arrival of the couples' and everyone stood up, with rounds of applause, cheering for the newly wedded couple.

And that was when all hell broke loose in my head. If i were a cartoon character, i would have had angry fumes, a red head, big eyes and mouth wide open at the sight before me. I blinked my eyes, hoping they were deceiving me as i saw Phil walking down the carpet with his wife, Natasha, who had always hated me in high school for some reason i do not know. They had their arms crossed in each other, as they smiled gracefully.

I could still remember the billion dollar look on Phil's face when he noticed my presence. The happy groom turned pale. He wasn't the only one who noticed me, Natasha saw how Phil couldn't tear his eyes away from me and she wasted no time to show me my place. She turned Phil's face away from me, towards her, and she kissed him in the hottest way she could, biting and sucking his lips.

I felt my gut drop to my feet. After her little act, the crowd's cheers only increased. I saw my subconscious walking towards Natasha, ripping her wedding gown and her perfect hair while giving Phil a slap. Too bad i was sober and besides i wouldn't want to spoil my friends' commission for the wedding. I quickly but quietly ran out the reception hall with hot burning tears of pain running down my chicks. Never had i felt so used, so cheap. To think that i broke up with Kiran for him, just to find out he was married the next morning.

After i got my sanity back, i stayed away from relationship and love. That was the best option for now i thought.

There goes that line as Eddie came into my life.

Later on, I got a job at Gold Express suites and hotels as an event planner after working as an event coordinator for a year. My dream was to open my private business for event planning and decoration but everyone has to begin from somewhere, right.?

My job was going fine, for two years i had been working at Gold Express, the hotel's publicity was increasing and along side that, i had people texting me that they adored my work and would want to work with me.

One of them was Eddie. One morning he texted me that he works in Gold Express's marketing department. He also said he liked my work and wants to be my friend. We became text buddies after texting each other for two months. He was free, friendly, smart and i could literally tell him anything. Everytime i was having a bad day, somehow texting Eddie always relaxed me. Never had i thought i would get so close to a stranger. I actually fell for him.

One minor problem, i didn't know how Eddie looked. I had always asked him for his picture but he always seemed to avoid the topic. After my enquiries, i found out the marketing department didn't have an Eddie working there which meant he lied to me. Still, i was confident Eddie worked in Gold Express because we did discuss about work related issues and he was never wrong about them. Maybe he worked with a different name.

I decided to find out.

The management called for a meeting with the administrative workers. We were all seated in anticipation, waiting for the meeting. I seated far away from the boss's seat and i was closest to the door. Soon, the conference room was filled with workers from the marketing, purchasing and sales departments. This was a perfect time to find out who Eddie really was. The meeting had began, the room was silent and the lights were turned off, time to execute my plan.

I opened my phone, dimming the screen light to fit the darkness of the room because using of phones was not allowed during meetings. I went into my chat and copied the number Eddie uses to text me. I dialed the number and a phone began to ring. The phone caused a distraction making the presenter pause, the lights coming on with everyone wondering whose phone was ringing. But i was excited, i would finally get the identity of the man whom managed to put a smile on my face after a long time. I bit my lips in anticipation, waiting. Suddenly, a big hand stretched forward from the boss's seat to pick the ringing phone and in that moment, my heart skipped.

Mr. Lannister is Eddie.? No.! Thats absurd, i thought.

He took the phone and was staring at it, but i didn't want to jump into conclusions, i needed an assurance before i could act. He gave me that assurance when he turned his gaze towards me, anger reverberating through his features. He bit his jaws like he was trying to control himself from doing something he would regret.

I was shocked, dumbfounded, what else? I couldn't believe it.

I quickly cut the call, shifting back into my seat. I could take the stares my colleagues were giving me but none of those matched the ones Eddie ... or not, gave me.

The next sound in the room gave everyone a fright, Mr. Lannister had gotten up from his seat with a force so powerful, it sent his chair flying towards the end of the room, completely destroying it. His chests were heaving and his biceps pulsated through his suit looking like it would rip any moment.

He began walking towards me. I gulped and closed my eyes, gripping the arm of my chair, expecting him. With nothing happening, i opened my eyes to see Mr. Lannister walking out the conference room with a tiny figure, Martha running after him like a cockroach.

•~End

____please don't forget to vote or comment. Anything for your girl please.😭😭