♠ 1- Birthday's

For the hundredth time, my phone beeped reminding me of Emily's birthday. I finished my work as fast as i could so i could head home to change. I pressed on the elevator button but it didn't open up. It seemed it stopped for someone else above my floor. What was i thinking, of course there was a party going on some floors above mine. That explained the traffic.

I quickly went for the stairs. I ran down so fast, if you saw me you'd think i'd gone crazy. I got to the ground floor and found the elevator i'd been trying to get open drop. I groaned in frustration and walked out to take a taxi.I arrived at my apartment and went straight into the shower. While in, realization hit me. I hadn't gotten a gift for Emily.

I got out of the bathroom with a towel over my breasts. I stood in front of the mirror thinking what to get for Emily. "Oh my goodness, she's so going to hate me on a double level for this."

Breathe Curtis, Breathe.

I walked over to the wardrobe to get my outfit while drying my hair with another towel. I couldn't decide what to wear so i chose my favourite colour. A red sleeveless jump suit that made my beige skin radiant and also brought my slim hour glass figure and boobs to view. I put on a light make-up not forgetting my red lipstick. It's my signature look.

The lady with the red lipstick

The root of my hair was a dark shade of brown while coming down to the tip was blonde. I just liked it that way though i am naturally blonde. I let my hair fall to my back with a centre cut and i put on black high heels and silver earrings with a silver necklace to match.

Finally done, I opened my wardrobe compartment and found a bag with items i bought from Ron's shop a week ago to get a gift for Emily. A flower vase? No. A fancy clock? No. A hat? No. Then, i remembered i ordered a red stiletto some months ago which i haven't used, that seemed like the best option now. I quickly put it in a fancy bag ready to left. I would make it up to her some other time.

I walked out of my apartment which was on one of the rooms in the 20 floor building. Number 12th floor to be precise. The traffic along the way was massive and seemed like it had no end. I stayed in traffic for over an hour and when i couldn't wait anymore, i proceed to walk on foot. Walking was like a burden on these heels. It felt like it had been hours but i had walked just 5 minutes on foot. The drive to my parent's was 30 minutes. I wished i had left work earlier. I'm so tardy right now.

My walk came to an end when i saw my parent's home, it was a bungalow. I stepped on the porch and i sucked in a deep breath, knowing what am about to walk into. Slowly, i turned the door knob and entered to see all heads turning towards me. The air around was stiff, the faces turned sour upon my appearance. Like i should take the nearest exit out because i wasn't wanted here. The fact is i wasn't wanted. The glare from my sister, Emily and some of her friends present was enough to point that out. They kept staring at me distastefully while i walked in slowly. Their looks probably went like;

Bitch.!

Asshole.!

Miss Perfect just waltz in.

Look at her.

Speak of the devil and she appears.

Like they all had the same thoughts. Though i could see some bright faces happy to see me, which were my father, Damon Rollins. My mother, Yvonne Rollins and my younger brother, Seth Rollins.

I gulped down the churn coming up my throat as i walked over to greet my parents. My dad, a tall man with dark blonde hair whose blue eyes and half lips Emily and i inherited. Looking at us was like looking at him. My mom, a brown haired woman with big brown eyes. Seth mostly took after my moms' features with his brown eyes and dark brown hair.

"Hi dad, Hi mom." I said, while we exchanged hugs.

"Curtis my dear, how are you?. Its been so long baby." Mother smiled, and she pecked my forehead.

"I'm great mom." I turned to Seth "Hey handsome." I stretched my arms out and gave him a big hug. I missed him so much. Both of us had this understanding and we were the closest amongst my family.

"Cupcake," That was his nickname for me "we've been waiting for you."

That moment, i could feel everyone's eyes on me, burning with rage. "I'm really sorry everyone. The traffic on the road was so much." I managed to say.

"If it isn't work, then it's traffic. Just brilliant." One of the guests murmured.

A low mocking laugh sounded out from the other side of the room, I turned around and found my sister and i walked over to her."Hey Em, Happy birthday." I said, as i tried to hug her but she shrugged me off.

"Can we at least cut the cake now mom?." She called out and walked past me. Ignoring me.

Everyone gathered and Emily cut her cake. The music continued to play, everyone danced and we played few games. Soon it was past 10pm and the guests reduced by the passing minute till no one was left. I began to clean the mess that was made.

"Curtis, what are you doing?." My mom asked from behind.

I smiled." I'm just cleaning mom, when i am done i will go to bed."

She looked at me with a pitiful look. "Its the least i can do mom, I almost ruined Emily's birthday." I said.

Emily stood up from the sofa while she texted her friend on the phone. "I'm going to bed and under no circumstances should anybody come looking for me..." Everyone stared at her in confusion "... Because!, I'll be in a very very very deep beauty sleep." She completed and rushed up the stairs.

"I'm going to bed as well." Said Seth, and he ran up the stairs.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" Mom yelled and followed up the stairs.

Soon, i was done with cleaning. I had taken out the trash, washed the used dishes, wrapped the cake left, swept the floor and mopped the drinks spilled on the carpet. I decided i was going to spend the weekend here. Plus, this is my house and i'm sure i have some clothes i could wear.

About going to bed, i saw the bag i brought in. Then, it dawned on me that i hadn't given Emily her gift so i picked up the bag and headed upstairs to her room. I knocked on her door once, twice, with no reply. So, i opened it slowly and i saw a faint figure jumping out the window. I wanted to scream but, i didn't want to wake the others up.

I walked close to the window after the figure disappeared. I saw a blonde haired, female figure wearing a black hood over a black mini skirt and black knee high boots running towards a car that had kids around her age. They looked like they were going for a party. The blonde haired figure turned around and our eyes met.

Emily.!

____please don't forget to vote or comment. Anything for your girl please.😭😭 It'll be much appreciated.