♠ 48 - Consequences

Curtis

Slowly, I regained consciousness with the realization of a sharp pain at the left side of my neck. It hurt so bad I was unable to turn.

I strained the neck amidst the pain to look around. The room I was in was completely dark with just a source of light above the gurney I was laid in, and tied. I struggled to loosen myself but it was not use. There was a man in the room with me, he was dressed like a surgeon. I couldn't see his face because he was focused on a table at the side of the light.

My eyes expanded in shock when I saw a glimpse of the table. There were alot of sharp, drilling, cutting tools which were unusual for a surgeon to use. The tools looked like they've previously been used because he was wiping blood off them.

Fear quaked my boots as I began to wonder who's blood that was. Were they planning to infect me with something deadly or they already did it?

"What did do you to me?" I winced in pain.

He remained silent.

"Where am I? What..." I paused, staring at the scary look of the surrounding. "What is this place?"

He kept mute and it irked my soul.

"Hey, I'm talking to you. You piece of sh... Ah!" I groaned in pain.

"Relax." He turned towards me, pushing my body back on the gurney. He observed the side of my neck then said, "The pain should subside in an hour's time."

From then on he massaged my neck, applying minimal pressure that made the pain recede. I stared at him perplexed, shocked at how gentle he was. He was an average aged man looking like he was in his 40's. This man couldn't be part of Aman's gang, I concluded.

While he was at it the doors opened, two bulky men walked into the darkness, then into the light.

One of them pushed the surgeon out of the way abruptly and said, "You spent the whole night on one small job. Pathetic."

What job?

"Ironically, you don't have the brains for a small job." The surgeon snarled back.

The other bulky man loosened the wrap that tied me to the gurney and was about to pick me up.

"Stop." The surgeon tried to halt him. "She's still in pain."

"Boss needs her." The bulky man shoved the surgeon aside again. While the other dragged me alongside with him with a force that made my feet limp after him.

They pulled me into another room, a brighter one this time around. With the way it was furnished, it looked like an office. There were also men in black suits at guard in every inch of the room.

"Boss. We brought the girl." He threw me to the floor.

The swivel chair at the desk area slowly turned towards us and there he was seated in a boastful manner like he owned the universe. Aman barely stood up when he threw daggers at the bulky men which they dodged.

"Haven't I taught you boys any manners?!" Aman yelled, as he made his way across the room till he was looking at the two bulky men head on. "Block. Greg."

He crouched down to meet my height, took my hands, fondled it and kissed it while staring into my eyes with a devilish grin. "You boys really need to take it easy with her. She's our guest." He began patting my hands. "Our guest here needs to return home unharmed. She's the most important part of our plan."

"I don't know what your deal is but I'm not helping you do shit." I said, trying to pull from his grasp.

He kissed my hand again. "Oh... you will." That devilish grin again.