♠ 7- Two weeks

Did i forget to mention Tori' s my utterly annoying roommate.

I entered my apartment and saw Tori eating chips while she watched TV. She wore a bum short with a shirt and wrapped herself up with a blanket, oblivious to my presence. Tori and reality TV shows were like the sun and moon. Suddenly i remembered what she did today at work.
"Bitch." I murmured.

Minding my business, i kicked off my shoes and headed for my room. I freshened up, put my hair in a messy bun and wore a sweat pant with a shirt and went to the kitchen.

"Curtis," I looked up at Tori who is now on the opposite side of the kitchen counter "my goodness, reality tv is so amazing." She squealed. Her work was scheduled, so she has time for whatever she does on her spare time.

I remained silent, concentrating on the chicken soup i bought from the restaurant on my way home, so delicious.

"Curtis!" She snapped her fingers at my face.

"Jeez, Tori i didn't see you there." I replied sarcastically.

"What the hell is your problem?" She asked, giving me a confused look.

I turned to pick a bowl from the cabinet. "I'm perfectly fine, thanks for asking." I said, giving her a grin.

"Look if it's about what happened today, well sorry about that." She said.

I looked into her eyes, she didn't make eye contact because now her eyes were concentrated on her phone. After past experiences i couldn't tell if she was really sorry or just acting. "Really, what happened today, i don't seem to recall anything." I said, taking a sip of the chicken soup.

"You really plan on making this hard on me, don't you?" She said, her eyes not leaving her phone. 'couldnt she drop her pride and properly apologize' I thought.

"Still have no idea what you're talking about." I said while i took a bottle water from the fridge to drink.

"Fine, suit yourself." She said while she rolled her eyes.

There was silence in the room before she spoke again. "So how was the birthday party anyway?"

"It went fine." I said, but her facial expression was an 'are you serious' look. She was aware of my issues with Emily. "One thing for sure is I'm still on Emily's death list." I blurted.

"If i had a sister like yours, I'd take her to the zoo and feed her to the Lions." She said while i laughed. "I'm serious here, really don't know how you cope with her."

"She hasn't always been like that. I feel someday, she's going to change." I said, smiling.

"Pigs will fly before your sister ever forgives you, i hope u know that." She joked. "The best thing you can do now is get married so she can get married as well. Its high time you know."

I coughed, choking on my soup after her words. "Advise yourself on that issue as well." I blurted.

"Okayyyy, what are you implying?" She said, raising her brow while staring at me for the first time since our conversation.

"Nothing, just reminiscing the fact that you have slept with 70 percent of the guys in this building. On.my.fucking.bed!" I snarled.

"Woah, hold it right there, 70 percent is a really high number okay..." She said while moving her head in a dramatic way and i give her a scowl. "Besides i just wanna keep myself busy till Mr. Lannister proposes." She finished off, flaunting her wedding finger at me.

I scoffed. "You know what, you're hopeless." I said, as i picked up my food and headed for my room.

"You could have left the soup, you know!" Was the last word i heard before closing my door.

•~

The wind howled as it blew, taking my attention from my computer. I felt the impact of the wind as a chill. I got up at the same time feeling dazed as i walked towards the window and closed the glass before going back to my seat. It was past midnight now and i had to get some sleep.

I was on my bed and about to sleep. I scrolled through my phone to check if i had any new texts. There were a few texts from clients and some from my co-workers. While scrolling i saw his name 'Eddie', he was online.

'Could he be thinking about me as well? is it hard for him to stay away from me like the way it is on me now?' I thought. It had been two weeks since we lasted texted, two weeks since i found out his identity, two weeks since he shut me out. It took all the gut i had not to text him and forced myself asleep.

•~

The next day at work.

I sat on the sofa in my office with Susan, who was on the opposite side. We were planning a family get-together and dinner. This time around, it was a private work so i had to go shopping for the articles i needed, evaluate the total cost and budget so i could send to the client.

"Cream or peach table cloth?" Susan asked.

"Uh, i think cream is good." I said, narrowing my eyes.

"What type of flowers for the table?" She asked.

I crossed my legs while i held my chin with the hand resting on the arm of the sofa, thinking. "Is that even necessary, they're going to be eating and i wouldn't want the smell of flowers to mix with the smell of food." I said.

"Fake flowers then?" She asked, while giving me an 'unsure' look.

"Sea lavenders." I answered quickly. "One of the daughters has a baby at hand i think, so we'll be needing a high baby chair," I paused. "Also add a carafe to the list." I added, while she kept taking notes as fast as she could, trying to keep up with my pace.

The office landline rang and i got up to answer. "Hello."

"Good day, Ma'am. One of the guest staying in a suite has requested your presence." The voice from the other side said.

I wondered who would want to see, i didn't have any events today. "Who." I asked briefly.

"Mr. Dawson. His suite is on the 18th floor, room number 318."

"I'll see to that." I dropped the call. "Are we done here?" I said, as i walked back to Tori who was arranging her notes.

"Yea i guess so." She beamed while she did an awful job arranging her notes that were now scattered all over the office. "Ok see you then." She said, after picking them up and stood up to leave.

•~

I paused infront of the doors of room 218, unsure what to do. I don't know why, but i was feeling so tensed. I gave myself an inspection to make sure i wasn't just imagining it.

I wore a white long sleeved off-shoulder gown, knee length, princess breast cut with a white neck band running from the back. I wore white flats to go with my look along side a red purse. My lips were painted red, my eye was lined boldly, like a cat and my blonde hair was straightened and pulled into a down ponytail with a centre cut.

This wasn't the first time i was called into the room of a guest, but today felt... I shook my head clearing my thoughts as i rang the bell and waited patiently. There was a click on the other side of the door and the it opened revealing a man who was wearing a suit shirt and trousers with a shoe that looked three times my pay.

"Curtis, right?"

I waved and gave my award winning smile. "Hello."

"Come in." He said, reciprocating my smile as he ushered me in.