♠ 52 - I missed you

~•Curtis•~

His whisper felt warm on my skin and I felt a surge within me. Each goosebump, erect, in response to his warmth. He smelt so good too. He was wearing one of my favorite scents and in the midst of the dim lit room, he looked amazingly hot in his expensive suit. I moaned softly, finding pleasure being this close to him.

I wanted to hold him. Kiss him. Love him. Give him everything and apologize for not trusting him and also treating him badly. Yet at the same time, this man lied to me. I'm gonna act oblivious to that right? Or move on like nothing happened because he lied to save me.

He retreated from the crook of my neck, took my hand and kissed it with a charming smirk. I watched patiently, reminiscing why I couldn't get over this man despite what he did to me and then I figured out that I was gone. Completely done for and Immensely in love. Hopelessly lost.

Not gonna lie, regardless everything that happened, there was this untamed attraction between us. An emotion that broke the rules. I felt it, and I know he felt it too.

"Come on," he wrapped my hand with his. "Let's celebrate."

He walked us into a room, dark as the evening, then he flipped the switch to reveal a beautiful dinner table. I stared in awe as he ushered me into the room and into my seat.

"What is this? What are we celebrating?"

"Our last night together." He said.

"Our what?"

He brings out a file from his coat and places them by my platter. I felt blood drain from my face as I read the content of the file, 'Divorce papers'. I peered at him with wide eyes, searching for humor. Unfortunately, there wasn't a tint of it in his expression.

I gulped hard, rumpling the file before me in an attempt to suppress the pain and urge to tear it down. "You're leaving?"

He crossed to his seat on the other end before speaking. "Yes."

In the midst of the silence in the dinning room, he served himself with the variety of dishes on the table and began chewing. "Well, mostly because I'm done with my mission."

"What mission?" I blurted. "Hold on, don't tell me." I said, realizing the situation I was in and had to keep shut.

He chuckled lightly, "We caught Aman."

My eyes expanded in shock at his words. I winced at him while he had his food, hoping I'd sense humor but there was none. The nerve to enquire how it all happened danced on my lips yet I resisted. I rested my arms on the table, lost in thought. I slightly touched the side of my neck where the chip was inserted. The doctor sealed it perfectly, in a way it didn't look like a surgery was done there. Yet the pain hadn't fully gone. I still had to take pain killers for it.

~•5 days ago.~
~•Encounter with Aman.~

"That..." Aman pressed on the surgery area which made me groan in pain. "In your ear, will record every conversation, every word, every movement and everything you do will be monitored henceforth. Understood?"

He grabbed a fist full of my hair making me groan in pain once more. "Understood?!

"I'll be sending 2 men to your house as collateral. The story goes like this." He whispers to me, "You were concerned about your family's safety so you hired agents to protect them." He laughs menacingly. "The minute I hear you rattling out our plans to your assassin husband or anyone at all, Block and Greg will be given orders to eliminate your family."

"You coward!" I cursed him.

"Right there on the spot. Pow!"

~