♠ 51- Whirlpool of emotions

~•Curtis•~

3 days later and I still couldn't get over what happened that night. How I yelled at Milton to go home after Shawn left then I drowned myself and soaked my pillow with bitter tears. For the rest of the week, I was a storehouse of frustration, worry, and discomfort bottled inside me. My emotions went with me everywhere I stepped in like a shadow, visibly drained, empty and angry.

It took a series of self-discernment to conclude the cause of my frustration was because I missed him. Ever since the day I walked him out, I heard nothing from The man I married. Never wondered if Aman had gotten to him because I knew Shawn was too smart but still, I couldn't help but be worried.

I pushed away the one I needed by my side and now I was cranky at the fact that I let it happen. Sick at the fact that I couldn't express myself. The rest of the days went by with vague emotions, limited speeches, and oblivion.

"Curtis!" The yell of my name snapped me back to the reality that I didn't realize I zoned out.

"Te-teresa. Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked while quickly composing myself and adjusting my coat.

"You easily get distracted these days. Is something bothering you?" Teresa asked with a look of concern but then the eyes of everyone in the room were now fixated on me and I felt like crawling in a hole.

"I'm just incredibly exhausted." I flinched, taking my eyes back to the magazine in my hand.

"Well, it's good that my wedding is tomorrow. After all this, you and everyone," She said gesturing at the others in the room. "Can get all the rest you want."

"Hope you'll be at the wedding tomorrow, ma'am." Teresa directed at my Mom who was giving Seth his lunch.

"I don't think I can make it. Seth has an appointment with the doctors tomorrow." She warmly rejected.

Seth had been getting therapy for his legs and only recently did he begin walking with crutches. Milton updated Teresa about the terms of my contract, felt sorry for Seth, and promised to pay him a visit which was the reason she was in the hospital today. She bonded nicely with the family until... She began talking about the next day.

Her wedding day.

The day Aman had been looking forward to.

The room suddenly became so hot despite the air-conditioning. Felt my blood level surge up and tension quivering in my being. My eyes were fixated on the magazine yet I had zero interest in it. Better still, My attention was pinned on the conversation they were having. I lifted the magazine above my face so it wouldn't be evident that I was boiling.

"But I'm sure Emily would love to attend. Right?" Mum said and I gave her an eye-roll she didn't see.

"Oh, sure yea, but I thought we needed invitations." Emily said also, completely ignoring the glances I gave her.

"You don't have invitations yet? Your sister is the event planner. How come you don't have invitations." Teresa exclaimed.

I cursed beneath my breath, wishing Teresa would just let the topic go. I didn't hand out invitations to Mum and Emily because I didn't want them to attend the wedding!!!

"Uh..." I muttered while scratching my neck in an act of oblivion. "It must've escaped me."

Teresa shot me an 'I cannot believe you'd forget to look and then began searching through her purse, "Luckily, I have an invitation here for you, Emily. Since your big sister here... Is forgetful these days."

I glared at Emily while she received the invitation from Teresa. The fact that both women didn't notice my signals pissed me off. I scowled while I angrily flipped the pages of the magazine.