- BOSS - Jrian

"Mr.Star ,what is this?"A British boy questioned staring down at his worker in front of him, a brunette-haired male,"It looks ridiculous.  What does it suppose to do?"

"It's a r-robot sir."J said feeling some anxiety build up,"A robot have been working on all by myself. I don't have the materials to make it look human, but it's... uh a robot."He explained,"it suppose to protect, serve and entertain their owner! In a way, it's like a servant-"

"Boring."Grian yawned as he stood up from his seat making his way in front of his worker. He looked up at the male,"Look J, In this place, I hire the most intelligent and creative scientists. You were doing so good until you started doing useless experiments and machines that are already out there, and made."He explained,"Use that stupid brain you have in there and give me something good and interesting. So far, you are blowing it."

"I-.. I'm trying sir! I am-"

"By the looks of it, you're not."He glared. "Such a disappointment."He rolled his eyes returning back to his seat. J watched as his eyes widen, he lowered his head. This was, probably, the 100th time he disappointed his boss. The 100th time he failed to impress him like the old times when he started working here, that was 4 years ago.

4 years ago, Grian was always amazed by J's experiments and machines he would always create, and always wanted to know how they worked. Of course, this caused them to grow close, a little too close for a worker and their boss. Their relationship developed  into a romantic one. They started having feelings for each other, started hanging out more during and after work, and even held hands time to time, but those romantic moments slowly faded away when J's creative ideas weren't impressing his boss, and things started to go downhill along with Grian pushing J away and treating him like a worker. That's how it suppose to be from the start, right?

"Get out of my face Mr.Star. Come to me when you actually had a good idea for me."Grian hissed at the male. J nodded,"Yes sir..."He mumbled quietly, leaving his office with his robot. He walked down the hallway, pushing his robot at the same time. He looked down at the ground,"failed again..."

"J, Are you okay?"A familiar female voiced asked. J turned his head seeing Silly walking next to him,"Are you alright? I assume Grian didn't like the idea..."

"Yeah... he didn't like it once again. I thought this would impress him, and maybe him and I would become close again, but I was wrong..."J mumbled,"Why did he change so suddenly?... This isn't him. This isn't the guy I fell for."

"Look J, maybe those romantic feelings were just temporary. Maybe he saw his mistake and started to change his attitude towards you."Silly said.

"No! I know the guy I fell for is still in there! I just need to do something more... intense! A stupid robot won't impress him."J said before smiling,"Oh! I have this machine I'm working on. I haven't told Grian yet. I think it might work!"

"What is it?"

"A portal machine! A way to travel to new worlds!"

"J! That's impossible to make!"

"It is if I just believe. Besides I'm almost done with it. I know this can impress him!"J smiled with determination,"I just need to stay after work and finish the last bits to it."

Silly looked at J worried and sighed knowing she can't stop him,"Just be careful okay?"

"No promises."J smiled at her.

_________________

It was in the middle of night. J was still at his work finishing pieces of the machine he was building as he hummed screwing in some screws he needed and connecting wires. He was the only one there- well he thought he was. Turns out Grian was there as well stuck in his office planning out some meetings he needed to do, and documents. He sighed in annoyance. He leaned back on his seat, staring at the white ceiling. He yawned, closing his eyes. He honestly just wanted to go home and rest, but with these important meetings he needed to plan out and documents he needed to sign were more important.