𝟒. 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

*TW: None

***

"Athena! What are you doing here? Someone might see you!'' Snape whispered and rushed to close the door and lock it.

''I asked you something, Severus! What the hell are you doing with Malfoy? Why are you helping him?'' she asked, furious. She didn't want Snape helping that idiot.

''That's none of your concern. Your only concern, should be yourself. I went to Diagon Alley again and got you your Gryffindor clothes,'' he said as he gave her a heavy bag. ''Burn the Slytherin ones.''

She took the bag, and let it fall down to the floor. ''Severus, we agreed that we will not keep secrets from each other. Tell me what was Malfoy doing here!''

He gently grabbed her small shoulders. ''Please trust me on this. You will find out soon. But for the time being, I can't tell you. Please, don't make me tell you everything,'' he begged her.

She saw the concern in his eyes, and her expression softened. ''Alright, I'm sorry. I trust you,'' she tried to smile.

''Good. Now, go back to your dorm, and burn everything Slytherin related. Make sure Granger doesn't suspect a thing. She has a habit of putting her nose in everyone else's business...''

She shook her head, and got the bag with the clothes. ''Fine. I'll see you soon I guess...'' she mumbled and turned on her heels. She unlocked the door and left his office with caution.

When she reached her room, she locked the door behind her. She took Hermione's robes off and set it on her bed, and then changed into her brand new Gryffindor uniform.

Then, she opened her suitcase, and took the Slytherin clothes out. Her finger traced on the snake emblem; she really grew to love Slytherin, but now, there was no other option.

The locket on her neck was burning her skin, but she was used to it. She never takes it off. But now, she will have to hide it from everyone, especially from Hermione.

Athena went back to the Common Room, and thankfully, no one was around. Kneeling in front of the big fireplace, she took the clothes out of the bag, and threw them in to the fire. The flames were eating up the Slytherin clothes, making her heart ache at the sight.

When she made sure that everything was set, she got up from the ground and left. The next class was about to begin.

Her friends were waiting for her, outside the classroom. ''Where in the bloody hell have you been?'' Ron asked. ''If you were one more minute late, and the professor came in, you would be in trouble.''

''I'm sorry guys, I went to Diagon Alley really quick. I had to get my own clothes,'' she lied. "Is the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor that strict?"

"You'll see," Hermione said. "Nice uniform by the way! I should really get a new one as well."

Athena smiled at her. But her expression changed when she saw Malfoy walking inside the classroom, with his group following him.

The curiosity was eating up her guts. She really needed to know what Malfoy and Severus were talking about earlier.

The blond boy was bad news, and she knew it.  All she wanted, was to protect Severus from him.

They all got in to the classroom, and Athena noticed that each desk had just one chair.

As she saw her friends taking their seats, she looked around for an empty one. When she found one, she went there.