𝟐𝟒. 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄

Trigger warnings: none

***

Athena was on her way to her dorm, even though she knew that she wasn't welcomed there. But she needed to get some of her stuff, and a change of clean clothes and underwear as well.

When she got into the Gryffindor Common Room, every single pair of eyes was on her, shamelessly whispering.

Athena tried to ignore the gossiping and the stares, and ran upstairs to her room. When she opened the door and saw that Hermione was there, she froze.

Hermione's eyes landed on Athena and her face features instantly hardened. ''What are you doing here? I remember I specifically told you I don't want you anywhere near us anymore!''

Athena's eyebrows furrowed, as her expression turned into a sad one. ''Hermione, why are you being so mean to me, before you even allow me to explain myself?"

Hermione looked at her, speechless for a moment. ''I am the mean one?'' she rhetorically asked and laughed, offended. ''You betrayed us, Athena!"

''Betrayal is a heavy word,'' Athena whispered.

Hermione crossed her arms in front of her chest. ''It's not my problem if you can't stand the truth,'' she spat. ''But if it hurts you, then it means I am right.''

Athena shook her head. ''Not at all. I just... I don't know. I just fell for him. Why is this such a bad thing?''

''Athena, we have discussed this multiple times. Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater, and you knew this whole time! How do you expect us to accept this? These monsters want to kill Harry! Why can't you get that into your head?''

''Draco is nothing like them!'' she lashed out, not being able to contain her emotions.

''Oh really? How far have you known Draco? Like, two months? We've known him for seven years, Athena! And he is capable of anything! He always tries to harm Harry, and you have witnessed this more than once!''

Athena stayed silent, because deep in her heart, she knew that Hermione was right. Hell, she herself was a Death Eater too. She knew how Voldemort was planning to kill Harry, and that he had almost perfected his plan.

And she just stood here, defending Draco and not trying to save her friends.

Athena felt disgusted with her own self. But she couldn't act any different. She had to keep serving the Dark Lord.

''I will talk to professor McGonagall, today. I will try to get out of your hair, as soon as possible,'' she finally replied.

Hermione's hands dropped to her sides, as she looked at her, a bit taken aback. ''Good,'' she just said.

Athena took a deep breath through her nose, and went to pack the stuff she needed.

When everything was set, she left the room, wanting to get as far away from there as possible.

The minute she stepped into the Common Room, her eyes met Harry's. He was sad, but also hurt. Athena managed to look away, and walked out of the Room.

She went back to Draco's dorm to take a shower. He wasn't around, because he said that he had to take care of something important.