𝟒𝟖. 𝐌𝐔𝐃𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃

Trigger warnings: violence

***

After Albus Dumbledore's death, Minerva McGonagall became the headmistress of the school.

But due to the latest chain of events, most parents were too afraid to send their children back to Hogwarts. Only few students attended the new school year.

Everyone was still at search for Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Athena couldn't help but feel relief when every attempt to find them, was unsuccessful.

All those months that she was away from the school, had made her miss it terribly.

The good thing was, that she would often see Theodore, Blaise, Andrew and Felicity, whenever a Death Eaters' meeting was held at the Manor.

Felicity still wouldn't talk to Athena, but she wished she would come around someday. Maybe she was not ready yet.

And Athena was happy, because Felicity didn't pressure her again to reveal to Draco that she was the one who told Harry that he is a Death Eater. After all, it didn't matter anymore.

Athena and Draco rarely saw each other now, because it was too dangerous for the both of them.

Of course, they would find some time alone during this frenzy, because they really couldn't stay away from each other for too long.

They had also managed to hide the Elder Wand to Athena's house. It was safer to keep it there, than Draco's room. And regarding the fake Elder wand, the Hogwarts teachers had buried Dumbledore with that.

Severus had now sent Athena to the Manor, so she would help out Narcissa and Draco, if they needed anything from her. And she was more than happy to be with him again, even though they had to keep hiding their love.

''Here you are dear,'' Narcissa sweetly said at her, as she gave her a pillow and a blanket. ''I hope you will be comfortable in this room.''

Athena looked around the place in awe. It was all purple and grey and it was so spacey, it could easily host a family of four.

It had a king size bed, two dressers, a bookcase and a private bathroom.

''It's very beautiful, Narcissa. I'm sure I will be alright,'' she laughed lightly.

She knew she wouldn't spend her nights in here though; she would always sleep in Draco's bed.

Narcissa looked at her with caring eyes, while caressing her short hair. ''My dear girl, I haven't apologized to you about all the pain I have caused you.''

Athena stared at Narcissa, smiling softly at her. ''You don't need to. You wanted to protect Draco. And that's all I want, as well. I would do anything to keep him safe.''

Narcissa smiled sweetly at her. ''I hope when this ends, you will still be here for him.''

Athena nodded. ''I will always be here for him, if he ever needs me. I promise you.''

''I know dear. And I know that you are still together,'' she whispered.

Athena's breath hitched to the back of her throat. ''We are not—"

''You don't need to lie to me,'' she cut her off, softly. ''I can see that you can't stay apart for long. My son truly loves you, Athena.''

She sighed. ''I do, too. So much. I would give my life for him,'' she confessed, the words rolling off her tongue, with no hesitation.

''I am sure about that. But I would never ask such thing from you. I need you by his side, not away from him."

Athena smiled, as Narcissa hugged her tight. ''Thank you for everything,'' she whispered.