𝟔𝟐. 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋

Trigger warnings: none

***

Draco woke up the next morning, looking forward into finally arresting the sick and twisted man, that he had to call his father, until the day he dies.

He decided that he would be the one to do it.

Astoria was preparing breakfast for them, after she had finished feeding little Scorpius. Draco was in the kitchen as well, holding his son and walking around the room, while rubbing his small back.

"Make sure he burps," his wife reminded him, while turning a pancake inside the pan.

"I know what I'm doing darling... Don't worry," he reassured her, while still walking around the room.

"So," Astoria started saying, as her heart was slowly getting heavy. "How did you feel when you saw her, after all those years?"

She knew she was going to hurt herself with demanding such an answer from him. But she needed to ask. She couldn't help it.

Her sudden question made Draco halt in his steps, as he now looked at her, her back still turned at him.

"Astoria..." he only managed to say.

She turned around, now facing him. Her eyes were red.

"Why aren't you telling me?" she mumbled.

Draco sighed as he kept on rubbing Scorpius's back. He tried to think carefully for a moment, before replying. "I felt... relieved, actually. Relieved that she was alive."

"And what else?" she asked as soon as he finished his sentence.

"Fucking hell," Draco thought. He wanted this conversation to be over already.

"I felt... happy," he hesitatingly said. "But can you blame me?"

Astoria scoffed at his question and turned her back at him again, to put the rest of the pancakes on a plate.

Draco sighed in frustration due to her behavior. "Astoria, you know damn well that I've been searching for her, while hoping she was still alive!" he exclaimed. "And of course I would be happy about it... What did you expect me to do?" he angrily asked, almost losing his patience.

Scorpius started crying and Draco started rocking him again, trying to calm him down.

Astoria put everything on the table and literally snatched the baby away from his hands. "Bon appetite, Draco," she ironically said and left the kitchen with the baby in her arms, leaving him now all alone.

Draco tried to contain his rage, while clutching his fists against his sides. He was trying really hard to keep calm.

He didn't even want to eat anything right now. He just took his suit jacket from the back of the chair and stormed out of the kitchen and out of the house.

Astoria heard the door closing with force and she closed her eyes, finally allowing the tears to fall.

Scorpius was still crying, definitely feeling all the tension between his parents.