𝟒𝟓. 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Trigger warnings: none

***

The time for the Valentine's Day Ball was getting closer, but both Athena and Draco wouldn't attend. They were in their rooms, sulking after their huge argument, that very same morning.

Athena didn't care about the amount of cards Draco had received. But that certain card from that Astoria Greengrass, hit a nerve. Who the hell was she anyway?

She tried to remember where she had heard that name before. It was a well known name among the Slytherins.

And then, she remembered; she remembered that one of her classmates, Daphne, had the same last name.

Maybe they were sisters or cousins. Athena was now dying to know more. At that moment, she decided to go and find Daphne.

But she didn't know where her room was. The only way to find out, was to sneak into Snape's office.

She knew this was reckless, and that Severus would be furious at her, if he caught her snooping around, but she didn't care at the moment.

Athena had to talk to Daphne, and find out if anything ever happened between that Astoria girl and Draco.

She quickly slipped some shoes on and almost run to Snape's office. Thankfully, he wasn't around. He would be at the Ball right now.

She already knew the spell he uses to lock his doors, so she repelled it in under a minute. Athena stormed inside the dark and cold office, cautiously walking over to his desk.

When she got there, she opened the first drawer and started searching for the dormitory chart. It was easier than she thought.

After taking a look at it for some seconds, she found Daphne's room. It wasn't too far from her own. Carefully, she put the chart back in the same drawer and left in a hurry, ready to go and find Daphne.

But she forgot to lock the door...

Athena was now knocking on her door, some minutes later. She heard the sound of high heels clicking, as someone was getting closer.

When Daphne opened the door, she was taken aback from seeing Athena standing there. She was all dressed up for the Valentine's Ball.

''Athena? What are you doing here?'' she asked, while trying to smile.

Athena faked a smile back at her. ''Hey, Daphne. I'm sorry for bothering you right now. You must be on your way to the Ball.''

''Yes, I am actually. You are not coming?'' she asked, concerned.

''Fucking fake bitch," Athena thought.

''No, I am not,'' she bluntly replied.

Daphne sensed her hostile tone, and know she was all tensed up. ''Well, that's too bad. But can I help you somehow?''

''Yes, you can, actually. I would like to know who Astoria Greengrass is. Can you enlighten me?'' she asked, trying to hide her desperation.

Daphne gave her a confused smile. ''Uhm, yes, that's my little sister. But I don't understand what you have to do with her.''

Athena saw how defensive she suddenly became. But she didn't care, because she needed answers. And Daphne was the only one that could help her right now.

''I just want to know why the hell she sent Draco a fucking Valentine's card!'' Athena angrily demanded.

She was trying her best not to yell or lash out, but it was really hard.