𝟓𝟏. 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐈𝐑

Trigger warnings: none

***

Harry, Ron and Hermione were outside, still waiting for Athena. The four of them had agreed to meet here, right after Harry's great win against Voldemort. They had to go back to the Shrieking Shack and take care of Snape's body.

''What's taking her so long?'' Ron asked, growing impatient.

''She told me she would meet Malfoy at the Astronomy Tower and then she would come and meet us,'' Hermione informed him. ''Maybe we should go and check if she's still there?'' she suggested.

Ron's eyes grew wide with surprise. ''And what if they are in the middle of something?'' he exclaimed, making Harry and Hermione laugh at his reaction. ''I wouldn't like to witness that, thank you very much,'' he mumbled now, his cheeks turning slightly red.

''I will go and look for her,'' Harry said. ''I'll be back in a few.''

Hermione and Ron nodded in agreement, as Harry rushed to the Astronomy Tower, in hopes to find her there.

But Athena and Malfoy were nowhere to be found. For some reason, this didn't sit well with Harry.

He went back to his friends, without being able to hide his worry.

''Guys... she's not there. And I searched around the school a bit. There's no sign of her,'' he told them.

''But where could she possibly be?'' Hermione asked. ''There are not many places left standing here. The whole school is in ruins!''

Harry sighed. ''I know, but if she went out of the castle, she would pass from here, right? We would have seen her!''

''Maybe she went back to the Manor with Malfoy?'' Ron suggested.

''Well, that's a possibilty. I mean, we can all see that these two can't keep their hands off of each other," Hermione commented.

Harry instantly felt awkward. ''Uhm, I wouldn't like to picture my own sister being intimate with Malfoy, Hermione. Please,'' Harry begged.

Hermione rolled her eyes. ''I will send a letter to Malfoy, with Hagrid's owl.''

***

Draco was at the main living room of the Manor, pacing around the big space. Almost two hours had passed since he last saw Athena, but she wasn't back yet.

''What the fuck is taking her so long?'' he muttered to himself, as he felt his chest clenching unpleasantly.

''Isn't Athena back yet?'' he heard his mother's voice ask him.

He turned around and looked at her. ''No! And it's driving me crazy! What if something happened to her?'' he asked in panic.

''Calm down, son,'' she softly said as she went closer to him. ''She has to bury the man that raised her. Maybe she needs some time to herself. It's only natural...'' she smiled at him reassuringly.

Draco nodded. ''Yes, you're probably right, I'm overreacting. I just want to start my life with her, mother. I want to be close to her, all the time.''