𝟔𝟖. 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

Trigger warnings: mentions of labor, blood, sickness, death

***

Athena woke up the next morning, with the worst hangover.

"Fucking hell," she groaned, her head pounding like crazy. "Why did I have to drink so much yesterday?" she whispered to herself.

She slowly stood up from her bed and went to take a shower. She felt a little better, when the water fell on her body.

She put on a pair of black jeans and a Christmas sweater, knitted by the one and only, Molly Weasley.

It had a green color that complimented Athena's emerald green eyes. It was actually a beautiful Christmas sweater.

She dried her hair and put them in a ponytail. And finally, she slipped a pair of black boots on and went downstairs for breakfast.

Athena heard voices coming from the living room. Maybe Ginny and Harry had some guests over.

Her face lit up when she saw Ron, Hermione, Rosie and their little one month old son, Hugo, who was in his aunt Ginny's arms.

But it wasn't just them.

Draco, Astoria and Scorpius were also there.

Again.

"Good morning," she mumbled, making all eyes land on her.

"Athena!" Hermione exclaimed and got up from her seat and went over to her, hugging her.

Athena hugged her back. "Hey, Hermione," she smiled as they pulled away. "I've missed you."

"Well, you haven't been back in two years," Hermione scolded her in a jokingly way.

"That's true," Athena slightly giggled, her eyes briefly landing on Draco's.

His blue orbs were literally eating her up.

Athena hugged Ron and Rosie and finally met little Hugo. He also had the infamous red hair of the Weasleys.

"Coffee or tea, Athena?" Ginny asked, as Athena sat down next to Harry.

"Coffee please. Black," she said and thanked her when she gave her the cup.

Everyone got caught up into their previous conversation, except from Athena and Draco. They didn't exchange any stares, but the tension between them was evident.

''Where is Dragomir?'' Athena asked Harry. ''Is he still asleep?''

''Oh, I forgot to tell you,'' Harry said. ''He had to go.''

''What?'' she gasped in surprise. ''But why?''

''Something came up with his family. He didn't tell me, exactly. He left this morning in a hurry. But he told me to give you this,'' he said and gave her an envelope that was on the table.

Athena hadn't even noticed it.

She opened the envelope, while still feeling Draco's eyes staring at her, burning her skin like two blue flames.