𝟑𝟕. 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

Trigger warnings: none

***

The next morning after the eventful Christmas Ball, at the Durmstrang Institute, had arrived.

Athena didn't want to get up from her bed. All that she wanted, was to stay under her covers forever.

But this was their last day at Durmstrang, so Felicity wouldn't let her sleep any longer.

And most of all, she couldn't tolerate Hannah's and Pansy's triumphant smirks.

Yes, everyone knew about what had happened between Draco and Athena yesterday. Everybody saw it and everybody was talking about it in the hallways. Even the Durmstrang students, who didn't even know them that well.

Sighing, she tossed her covers away and she instantly shivered when her body came in contact with the room temperature.

Thankfully, Hannah and Pansy were still asleep. They were still stonkered from yesterday's booze, that Felicity had treated all of the Hogwarts' students.

She noticed that Felicity wasn't in her bed and that seemed weird to her. She literally came to the room an hour ago, at seven in the morning.

Athena prepared herself for the day and with a heavy heart, she went out of the dorm, in hopes to find Felicity somewhere. And of course, she was hoping not to run into Draco.

She walked through the big hallway, when she heard some well known footsteps behind her.

Her heart started beating like crazy, because she knew those steps way toο well; they belonged to Draco.

Suddenly, the steps became faster and she felt his cold hand grabbing her arm. He dragged her inside a small office.

Athena didn't dare to look at him, as he was locking the door. His rapid breathing, was the only sound that echoed around the room.

''Why aren't you looking at me?'' he demanded to know, his tone brisk.

Athena didn't want to look into his eyes, because she was afraid that she would cave in and eventually run back into his arms.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest and finally managed to raise her head.

Her eyes noticed his clenched jaw and his red eyes. God that image hurt her, deep in her guts. Him being a mess, because of her.

''I believe I told you yesterday that I want nothing to do with you,'' she reminded him, trying to mimic his tone.

Draco scoffed, an outraged smile on his face.

''Care to explain why? Why you chose to act like this, all of a sudden?" he asked her. "We were perfectly fine the whole time, until we danced to your song. Or actually, until I finally told you how I feel about you. I must have looked like a bloody idiot to you, haven't I?'' he rhetorically asked her.

''Just leave it alone, Draco,'' she flatly said, as she turned around to go and try to open the door.

But there was no key.

She turned to look at him. Draco had the key in his hand, hanging from his index finger. ''No one of us is leaving, until you fucking tell me what's gotten into you!" he hissed, while putting the key into the pocket of his dress pants.

Athena huffed, now annoyed. ''I have nothing to tell you! I just... I just want you to leave me alone already!'' she exclaimed.

Draco shook his head,  and briefly looked at the ground, trying to collect his thoughts.