The Day after the Madness

~Percy P.O.V + New Loop~

I screamed and fell on the ground. Then I stopped grabbing my head as it was in pain again. "Percy, are you okay?" Felix ran in and asked. He knelt down beside me making sure I was okay. "Hey Felix, sorry it was a bad dream." I tell him standing back up and grabbed my head. "Are you sure? That was quite a fall." Felix told me. "I'm okay, Felix. I'm going to go out and find Subaru and Rem." I tell him and grabbed my hoodie and left. 

'Petelgeuse, damn you. This is a whole new level than what we dealt with when we first got here. Rem called them, The Witches Cult. They must be the ones that are targeting Emilia. What the hell was that invisible barrier?!' I thought to myself as I walked out of the house. There I met Subaru and Rem at the gate. Me and Subaru looked at each other and I felt enraged that Subaru didn't do anything. He acted like he lost his mind, but now here he was. "Percy-" Subaru said then I interrupted him. "Not now, come on." I tell him and take Rem's hand. I walked back inside the Crusch house with Rem, Subaru followed behind. I met Wilhelm when we walked in. "Ah, Percy. It's good to see you moving." Wilhelm told me. "Thank you, Wilhelm. I have a request; I want a meeting with Miss Crusch." I tell him. "Very well." He replied. 

~TimeSkip~

"A group of people called, The Witches Cult. Plan to attack Roswaal's domain in three days." I tell Crusch. "I ask for your help in stopping them." I added. "Interesting, it seems that they made their move then." Crusch said. "It appears so, well we did see this coming once we saw Miss Emilia. A half-elf enter the Royale Selection." Felix said. "I understand the situation, my next question is why you choose me to assist you?" She asked. "You seem the most likely to help right now. That with also a military mind at it." I tell her. "Don't misunderstand, I only aided you because I was contracted too. If you wish to negotiate, then you must tell me what I gain from getting involved. We have nothing to discuss otherwise." Crusch told us. "If I were to intervene then that would mean Miss Emilia's withdrawl from the Royale Selection." Crusch added. "What?" Subaru asked. "If a Lord has to protect anothers domain then the other has to question to rule or not. With that in mind, do you still wish for our assistance?" Crusch asked us. "Yes, cause even so it ends if she dies." Subaru said. "I understand, in that case the Karsten family will lend you no assistance." Crusch said. Subaru and I stood up. "What!?" I exclaimed. "Well, the condition to have Emilia withdrawal, which you offered in desperation as an advantage to me has no weight, whatsoever. In my negation with you." Crusch said. "What!? But why!?" We asked her. "Isn't removing one of your rivals enough compensation!?" Subaru asked her. "Don't you see it? With or without my help Emilia will drop out of the race." Crusch told us. "Then you are willing to let everyone in Roswaal's domain be slaughtered!? How can you live with yourself knowing that you could've prevented it!?" I exclaimed. "Don't change the subject." Crusch said calmly. "It is part of the subject! You heartless bastard! If anyone would've made the kingdom good it was either you are Emilia. But a king willing to let his people die knowing he could've done something. You are not fit to even rule this kingdom Miss Crusch!" I tell her.

"How dare you-" Felix said but was stopped. "Allow me Felix. Let's say the Witches Cult does make a move. That what you say comes to pass, the problem comes afterward." Crusch said. "Afterward?" Subaru asked. "Yes, afterward. How do you know when and where they will attack?" Crusch asked. "I can't say." Subaru answered. "If you two are a member of the Witches Cult, I'd understand." Crusch said. "That's bullshit!" I exclaimed. "Miss Crusch, please don't joke about something like that. You know full well Percy and Subaru isn't one of their members." Rem said. "Really? Given all that was said, if he can't explain how he knows these interdict details. Then I can draw no other conclusion." Crusch said. "Have you never sense anything from them?" Crusch asked her. "Not once, ever." Rem answered. "Regardless, I can not offer any assistance to Emilia under these circumstances. Furthermore I-" Crusch said and was interrupted. "The Witches Cult is coming dammit!" Subaru yelled. "They are going to slaughter every last person in the village. Kill them, we just have to kill them." Subaru said gripping the chair. He then got on his knees and begged her. "You haven't once said you wanted to save Emilia, Subaru Natsuki." Crusch said. Subaru got up after this remark and started to walk to her. Then Wilhelm stood in his way. "I'm sorry, but I cannot let you go any further. "After all my years of negotiations, I can tell when someone is lying. You two have not been lying." Crusch said and got up. "Then why won't you do something?" I asked her. "Ranting nonsense and believing it is not truth. It is neat the end of Madness." Crusch said. Then Subaru bit his lip making it bleed. "Felix can you heal Subaru's lip." Crusch asked. "Don't bother, you've been little to no help at all." Subaru said leaving the room. I was by the door and stopped looking at Crusch. "I hope you become a great dictator. One that leaves his own people to die at his feet when all he had to do is hold out his hand." I tell her and left the room with Rem.