The End of the Battle

"Look, I still hate your freaking guts, but I trust you in your ability as a Knight." I tell him reluctantly. "Well then, I won't let you down." Julius told me. Then we were attacked by the Unseen Hands, but Julius cut them down. This made Petelgeuse upset. "Why!? How can you see my Unseen Hands!?" Petelgeuse exclaimed. "He can see what I'm seeing. I am the only one that can see it." I told him. "Now hurry up! This feels weird on my body Julius." I added. "I admit it is a little weird but now I can see what you see." Julius said. Then they both went to attack each other.

They kept attacking each other, Unseen Hands were finally hitting Julius but doing minimal damage as they were cut down quickly. It felt like they were at a stalemate until Petelgeuse was backed to a corner. "This is impossible!" He exclaimed. Then he was quickly stabbed by Julius. "I'm loved!" Petelgeuse said a few times then his body went limp. Then I felt him trying to take over my body. "Julius disconnect Nect!" I tell him. He stopped the spell and I let Petelgeuse take over for a second then I took control. "You want to see her so much, I can Return by-" I said and then everything went black. 

I didn't know what happened but after one try Petelgeuse gave up on my body and went back to his. "This can't be! This absolutely cannot be! I am loved!" Petelgeuse said and hit the rock wall nearby. Julius moved me out of the way and we dodged the incoming debris of rock that landed on top of Petelgeuse, killing him completely.  I grabbed his Gospel and flipped through it. "Petelgeuse Romanée-Conti, you were truly Slothful." I said. The fight has ended and no casualties. I've finally came up with a great plan and we beat not only the White Whale, but the Witches Cult as well. I could finally be relaxed for a few moments. 

"Subaru. We need to head back to the village. Felix needs to tell us something." Julius said to me. "Alright lets go then." I said and then we both ran back to the village. I think he kept at my pace cause I was slower than him. Yeah, I still hate him but he is one of the greatest Knights I know, besides Reinhard. 

~TimeSkip~

"The explosive device that the merchants had are nowhere to be found." Felix said to us. "We unloaded all of our cargo so that we may get the villagers more easily." Otto said. "Once we did we noticed the stones were missing." Otto added. "Then what does that mean?" I asked. "It means someone left them onboard when we loaded the villagers." Felix answered. "They were last seen in Kennys carriage." Otto added. "Get this, Kennys carriage is the one taking Miss Emilia and the kids to the capitol." Felix told me. 

We get out of the house and I was frustrated. "Damn it, when I think we have everything under control. Felix would a Ground Dragon be fast enough to catch them?" I asked. "If they are already out of the Mathers Domain then it would be difficult." Felix answered. "Damn it." I said. "Mr.Natsuki, if you want I can take you there if you are willing to buy-" Otto said and then I cut him off. "You have yourself a deal!" I tell him. 

"I'm sorry that I can't accompany you." Julius said to me. "Yeah, but there isn't anything you can do in that state. Plus I need you alive if we're gonna celebrate." I replied to him. "Stay safe." Julius and Felix told me. "Right." I said and hopped on the carriage with Otto. He then took me to catch up with Emilia's group. 

"We need to get offroad a bit if we want to catch up with Emilia's group." Otto told me. "How do you know that?" I asked him as we zoomed through the forest. "I have had this power that lets me talk to animals ever since I was a kid." Otto told me. "Nice, if you can continue doing that then this will be a piece of cake!" I exclaimed. "There is nothing like that here!" Otto told me as we drove down a cliff. This scared the crap out of me, it reminded me of a roller coaster, but I could fall off. 

We continued for a little bit then Otto couldn't sense the animals much anymore. "It sounds like something terrible is coming." Otto told me. Then we heard loud rumbling from behind us. I looked behind and saw trees falling down then the body of Petelgeuse all deformed and his Unseen Hands all over the place around him. "Stay here and go faster Otto." I tell him and get in the carriage. "You're still so damn persistent!" I yell at him. "That body will be mine!" Petelgeuse replied. 

"Mr.Narsuki is there anything back there?" Otto asked me. "Just some big black thing with legs and a deformed face. Needless to say don't look back here and keep driving." I tell him. "Everything you told me makes me wanna look." Otto said. "Keep your curiosity in check." I replied.

"Love is everything! Give me Satella!" Petelgeuse screamed. "She doesn't love you or me if she did she would've kept you." I tell him. Petelgeuse then tried to grab onto the carriage, but I threw Otto's oil at him covering most of his body. "Thanks Julius, I know you snuck him on me." I said and summoned the Lesser Spirit. I shot it at Petelgeuse lighting him on fire. I then took out the Gospel and flipped it to the blank page and wrote out Petelgeuse's death.  "And you better stay dead dammit!" I yell at him showing him the page. "Subaru Natsuki!" He yelled and slowly disappeared. "Subaru up ahead!" Otto yelled and then I joined him up front. 

We saw Wilhelm and a few others fighting the remaining Witches Cult. "Wilhelm! Where's Emilia?!" I yelled. He sliced up another Cult member. "That way to the Great Tree!" He replied. "Thank you!" I yell as we pass him and continued on. "Right there I see it. Up ahead." Otto told me. Then memories of everything that led up to this moment came across my mind. To when Percy and I fought at the Loot House, to the battle against the White Whale. "I made a promise, to save you no matter what." I said to myself. "Come on Otto!" I said and we got there.

I yelled for all the carriages to stop, and they did. I quickly got into Emilia's carriage, and we made eye contact. I looked away remembering why I was here and dug into the loose floorboards. "There it is." I said and grabbed the bag. "So that's why you're here." Puck said. I didn't reply and got out and hopped onto Patrasche. "Why? Why are you doing this?" Emilia asked me. I turned around and looked at her. "It's cause I love you." I replied and rode to the White Whales corpse.

I felt the bag getting hot as we got near the corpse. "Dammit!" I yelled and we finally got there, and I immediately threw the bag in there. Patrasche and I rode as far away as we possibly can. Then it exploded sending shockwaves around the area and I was in it's zone. It knocked me off Patrasche and she covered me. I was knocked out cold. While I was out, I thought of everything that has happened ever since we got summoned. Percy helped me out a lot and saved my ass on numerous occasions, even set me on the right path again. I have to thank him when this is over. 

~TimeSkip~ 

I felt the warm breeze and smelled flowers. I opened my eyes and saw Emilia. "Subaru, you're finally awake thank goodness." Emilia said smiling relived. "I'm so glad." She added. "Wait, by my perspective and this heavenly sensation I am feeling. Am I?" I asked. "Yes, you're on my lap silly. Don't need to go say stuff like that. Are you uncomfortable?" She asked. "With a divine pillow such as this I could never be." I replied. 

"Can I ask how things turned out?" I asked. "I should be asking you that." Emilia replied. "Is Patrasche alright?" I asked. "She was injured but she is a tough one. Felix is watching after her." She replied. "Ah, so Felix joined us huh. So I've been out for a while." I said. "About an hour." Emilia told me. "And Julius too, I am surprised you two are getting along even after everything that happened." She added. "But Percy and Rem aren't here. Where could they be?" She asked me. "They went ahead to the Capitol, he was injured after he single handily took down the White Whale." I told her. "Wow, he did that?" She asked. "Yup." I tell her and look over to see everyone there doing their own thing.

"Emilia I have to apologize about when we last saw each other. It took me a yelling Percy to snap me out of it." I said and she giggled at that comment. "I was wrong back then and you were totally right about everything. I was doing it for my own selfish needs, but there is one thing that I wasn't lying about." I tell her. I sat up and faced her. "I do want to save you no matter what and be by your side and keep you safe." I tell her. "Why?" She asked. "It's cause I love you." I replied.

~Percy P.O.V + Past~

The carriage started to move and Rem and I left Subaru there with a handful of troops and more coming. I hope he can win in the battle against the Cult. "Percy, come sit with me." Rem said and dragged me down. "She still won't let you go, huh?" Crusch told me. "Yup, now we got the whole ride back to the Capitol." I replied. 

(A/N) - If you've seen the ending where Rem fights some dudes. Then you already know it's about to go down. I hinted at Percy's final battle at the end of "The White Whale" Chapter. Aha you already know. Also, for more context in the future and all that. The Sanctuary arc, we're not doing that. We're gonna say that Ram's group was also going to the Capitol but was ahead of Emilia's. There will be a major turn of events after these next few chapters. So stay tuned.