The Hero's Last Stand

The carriage started to move and Rem and I left Subaru there with a handful of troops and more coming. I hope he can win in the battle against the Cult. "Percy, come sit with me." Rem said and dragged me down. "She still won't let you go, huh?" Crusch told me. "Yup, now we got the whole ride back to the Capitol." I replied

"Hey Miss Crusch, that sword you have. It was bad ass!" I exclaimed. She laughed at this. "Yes thank you Percy, but it was nothing compared to what you did that brought us victory." Crusch responded. "Yes, my hero is amazing." Rem said and laid on my shoulder. "You're body must be hurting after the battle though." Rem added. "Yes that was an incredible feat you pulled." Crusch said. "Yeah, my body does hurt but nothing a little pain can't stop me. I also have some Bogo fruit just in case I need it." I tell them. "I doubt you'll need it, since the battle is over." Crusch said. 

~TimeSkip~

"I'm worried about Subaru's battle now." I said to Crusch. "Don't worry about that. He has the best of the best. Wilhelm and Felix, also with Anastasia's Iron Fang crew he will be fine." Crusch reassured me. "That's good to hear." I replied. "Yes, we can celebrate our victory when all is over." Rem said. "That sounds like a good idea. Crusch would you join us?" I asked. "Sure, when all is done with." Crusch replied. We all laughed together but it was cut short because we heard loud crashes up front. "Another attack!" I yelled and stood up. I ate the extra Bogo fruit I had and Rem, Miss Crusch and I got ready. 

The carriages kept going forward. We saw a man dressed in white in the middle of the road. "Run him over!" Crusch ordered. Then I felt a bad presence then Rem grabbed Miss Crusch and we jumped off the carriage. We saw the decimation of a few of our carriages killing the people that once were in them. "Now why would you do that? I was just standing here doing nothing and you try to run me over." The man said to us.  We landed on the ground safely and Miss Crusch was knocked out. Rem set her down on the ground and protected her. I stood out front of everyone. The other carriages stopped behind us. 

"Who are you?" I asked him. "Well, I am surprised you don't know me, but I do know you of sorts." He replied. "That's weird, I haven't met you at all. Unless I bumped into you around the Capitol." I told him. "I eat and eat but I never get satisfied!" Someone said behind us. Turning our attention to the guy behind us. I backed up to Rem and we stood back-to-back. "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you two must be part of the Witches Cult." I tell them. "Now that, you'd be right. Regulus Corneas of Greed." Regulus introduced. "And I am Lye Batenkaitos of Gluttony!" Lye exclaimed. 

'These guys are going to kill us and there is no possible route to victory. Unless I make a deal with Regulus and give him a good run, I may be able to save Crusch and Rem from any harm.' I thought to myself. "Rem," I said and turned her to face me. We looked at each other and then I kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry." I whispered to her. "What?" She replied and then I knocked her out. I held onto her and set her by Miss Crusch.

"Regulus and Lye. I do not know why you are here." I said to them and stood back up. "But I have a proposition." I added. "We were here to see the one to take out our pet here. That Whale has been rampaging for generations and we came to see who killed her!" Lye said and stopped where he was at. "What is your proposition?" Regulus asked me. "I was the one that killed the White Whale and my offer to you is to give you the best fight I can give." I tell him. "I despise fighting, but what is it in return?" Regulus asked. "Leave these two women by me alone. Don't do anything to them." I said. "Oh come on I am hungry!" Lye exclaimed. "If you were the one that took down the White Whale then yes. I swear we will leave those two be, in return you give us the fight and show us the power that killed the Whale." Regulus said. "If he was the one that killed the Whale then I am all for it! It will be a divine FEAST!" Lye yelled. 

'I only have a few minutes of fighting left in me. I didn't really master my magic at all too. This is going to be my last stand.' I thought to myself as I ignited my hands on fire. "I'm sorry." I said. Then I went to fight Regulus and Lye.

~TimeSkip + Rem P.O.V~

I woke up and sat up quickly. "Percy!?" I said as I stood back up. We were still on the road but it was a little darker. I looked ahead and saw his body on the ground. There was an earth wall that had hole in it. I panicked and thought the worse and ran to him. I knelt down beside him and quickly examined him. "Percy!" I said and shook him some. He was still breathing but it was shallow, so I started to heal him. I heard carriages coming in behind us and I stood up to see who it was. 

Ram got off one of them and ran to me. "Sister." I said and we both hugged each other. "What happened here?" She asked me. We both looked down at Percy and she knelt beside him. "Percy!?" She exclaimed and put her hands on his shoulders. "He needs rest." I tell her. 

~TimeSkip + Subaru P.O.V~

It was now dark and we were at the Crusch house. I heard that they were attacked and some had died during that time. Others were injured, but Percy had the worst of it. "Miss Crusch!" Felix exclaimed and hugged her. They were finally able to see each other after what seemed like forever. 

Everyone gathered in Percy's room. Me, Rem and Ram, Emilia, Miss Crusch, Felix, Wilhelm and even Julius. Percy was laying on a bed and was still alive, Rem said he needed rest because his Mana was drastically low. 

"What happened?" Emilia asked. "I'm not sure myself, we were attacked. Rem and Percy got me off our carriage before it was destroyed. Then I was knocked out." Crusch replied. "Yes, then we were met by two Sin Archbishops. I know of them, but never had gotten to see them this close." Rem added. "Percy then hugged me close and said he was sorry. He knocked me out." Rem said. "More Witch Cult activity." Julius said moving away from us. "Did we make enemies of the entire Cult?" I asked. "They have been our enemies since the beginning." Ram replied. "I know that." I told her. "I can't believe this is even happening." Wilhelm said looking down. "He saved Miss Crusch once again. I am thankful for that at least." Felix said. "Yeah, this is all good and all but my friend is seriously hurt here and hasn't even woken up yet." I remind them. "Subaru." Emilia said and put a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and then back at him. 

He started to move and sat up yawning. "Percy!" Rem and Ram said jumping onto him. He was surprised by them and didn't move. "Uh?" he said. We all sighed in relief that he was okay now. "That's good, he is awake." Emilia said. "Yes, and I am in very great debt to him now." Crusch said. "Percy, we're glad you're okay now!" Rem and Ram said to him. They were still on him and he looked at them confused. 

"Who are you?" He asked.

(A/N) - Yes I am straying away from the Manga/Anime guys but I think this is somewhat better. Yes I do like what happened in Season 2 but I don't think I want to make Percy into a Potato like how Kirito was in Alicization War of the Underworld. That would be pointless really.