The Next fight

~Subaru P.O.V~

I watched my friend leave in the carriage going back to the Capitol. I kinda wish he'd come, but I know he was in pain and couldn't fight against the Witches Cult. Then I saw Julius and the rest and I got mad that it was him that would be helping.

Everyone was sitting together as I was gonna go over the details of the next fight. "Thanks to all of you and Percy we have taken out the White Whale. However, it's not over yet." I announced to them. "I have a score to settle with those weirdos known as the Witches Cult who decided to pick a fight with me. Once that's done, the White Whales subjugation will be complete." I added. "You mean the Witches Cult is up next!?" Mimi asked sounding happy about it. "I'm not sure to believe that the Witches Cult and the White Whale to be connected." Tivey said. Then Mimi hit him on the head. "You're saying that after all him and Percy has done? If you can't believe him believe me." Mimi told him. "I'd rather have you guys believe me." I told them.

"I don't like to talk about it, but I've run up against these guys before. I've found out then." I said. "Have you found anything about that, Old Man Wil?" Felix asked. "I've looked into it and couldn't gather definitive evidence. But incidents of Whale activity and Cult activity have been heard together." Wilhelm answered. "That's make it double credible." I replied. "On that note, we will be heading to the Mathers domain. I've already arranged that the villagers are taken care of. And I even arranged for someone from the Crusch House to deliver a message to the Mansion, they don't even know about the alliance yet, so it'll be chaos if we don't notify them." I said to everyone. "Sounds like we can get the ball rolling then." Ricardo said. The two siblings screamed, "Yeah!" Like that we departed to go to the Mathers domain.

I was leading the group to the forest and then Julius decided to ride beside me. "Still can't believe you defeated it." Julius said. "It wasn't me it was Percy." I corrected him. "I will give him my thanks later then." Julius said. "The defeat of the White Whale is something the Imperial Knights have wanted forever but were never able to fulfill." Julius told me. This shocked me for a moment and I looked at him. "It would seem I owe you my thanks." Julius added. "I already told you I didn't do anything." I replied looking away. "But you did help in the battle." He said. "I'm grateful to you too, I guess. For backing us up even after what happened. About that I was-" I said and stopped. I got mad at myself. "Damn it all crap! I know it now alright! Crap!" I yelled to myself. "It was all my fault. I apologize." I told Julius. "As do I. I can't take back what happened, but I want to make amends." Julius told me sincerely. "I still hate your freaking guts." I told him. He smiled and chuckled a bit. "Some things aren't meant to be." He told me.

~TimeSkip~

I already had a plan set in motion and was walking in the woods. "So you guys do smell the scent too." I said and the hooded guys appeared before me. "I don't have business with you guys though, just your boss so don't bother me." I tell them. They bowed and disappeared just as quickly. "I should've told them to leave if they hung around for a few more seconds." I said to myself. I kept walking ahead till I got to an open area and saw Petelgeuse waiting for me.

"I've been waiting oh so patiently believer of love." Petelgeuse said and bowed. "I am a Sin Archbishop, representing Sloth. Petelgeuse Romanée-Conti." He added and looked up at me. "I'm not sure if I feel this 'love' you speak of." I tell him. "Everyone feels like that at first, but don't you feel it now? The love, love, love, love!" Petelgeuse exclaimed. "So tell me, you don't happen to be Pride? Have you received the Gospel?" Petelgeuse asked me. "Uh, the Gospel?" I asked him. "My brain! It Trembles!" Petelgeuse exclaimed. "Okay I think I've done just enough stalling." I said and jumped back. Mimi and Tivey then jumped in front of me using their magic broke the entrance to the cave where the other Cult members where at trapping them.

Petelgeuse then sprouted some nonsense and then looked at me. "Me, you let's see who is worthy of her love!" Petelgeuse exclaimed. "Uh sorry about that I have someone else lined up for you to fight." I told him. "What!?" He asked. Then Wilhelm dropped down from above slicing Petelgeuse in half. I sighed in relief that it was over but had to confirm and waited for Felix.

Once Felix got here he examined the body of Petelgeuse. "So is he dead?" I asked him. "Yup, dead as dead can be." He replied. Then the two siblings were checking on what Petelgeuse had tossing anything they didn't want. "Wow you guys are really just looting a dead corpse." I tell them. "This is the spoils of victory." Mimi said and grabbed the Gospel. "What's this thing?" She asked us. "Oh, that's what he called, The Gospel." I replied. "The Gospel!?" Mimi said and threw it down. "I got it on my hand." She said. I picked it up and flipped through it. "Huh, I can't understand this." I said. "Why would you?" Felix asked. "What's wrong with this?" I asked. "The Gospel is what the Witches Cult admire the most and believe it to be from the Witch. Think of it as their Bible." Wilhelm explained.

"Yup, once someone gets one of those they are a devote member of the Witches Cult." Felix said. "Man, how shady can you be?" I said and closed the book putting it in my pocket. "Well I'm going to take it and try to decipher. See what the Cult really is." I added. "We should maybe survey the area to make sure everything is safe." Mimi proposed. "You said something about ten fingers." Mimi added. "And I'm pretty sure one of them is buried under the rocks." Tivey said. "Alright then adorable little people. Let's go meet up with them." I said and we started to walk back to the group.

"I see. Our group managed to take you two of the ones called fingers. By the sounds of it your group must of good news." Julius said. "Damn right, we took down Petelgeuse." I replied. "So that means just mopping the remnants then." Ricardo said. The group laughed and joked some. "After all this is said and done. We'll go back to being friend and foe, huh?" I asked myself. "Confident of you to think of the future now." Julius said to me. "Can't help it, things are going so well. I can let my guard down a little." I replied. Then I felt an uneasy feeling. "Get down!" I yelled and we all hit the floor. Some people were killed by the Unseen Hand. "What's going on!?" Ricardo yelled. I stood back up and then a Unseen Hand grabbed my leg and dragged me. "Help!" I called out. "Subaru!" Julius and Wilhelm said chasing me. They were blocked by some of the hooded guys and I was continued to be dragged away.

My leg was now pinned to a tree as I struggled to get out of it. "Ah, my brain! It trembles!" A girl said catching my attention. "Who the hell are you?" I asked looking at her. "What are you-" I said then she squeezed me tighter. "His finger? Yes!" She said. "And you! You must be Pride!" She said walking to me. "How many times do I have to say it? I am nowhere close to being Pride, I haven't even gotten my free membership book yet." I tell her. Then a red flying dot appeared in front of my face. "A spirit!" She yelled and let me go. She screamed and spasmed as the spirit flew around her. Her Unseen Hands broke almost everything behind her. The Siblings let out a yell hitting the water drenching us. The Unseen Hands were now visible and Wilhelm went to attack. He sliced her down similar to how he did Petelgeuse.

"So did we kill the copy or is this one the copy?" Felix asked us. "No we definitely killed Petelgeuse." I said. "Does that mean there is more than one Archbishop? Are all of them Archbishops?" Wilhelm said. "I brought you into this. This is my fault." I said. My mind was all over the place as we walked back. 'How did I not see this coming? If I'd known I could've done something.' I thought to myself. "Subaru, I have an understanding on how you feel, and I feel compelled to speak my mind." Wilhelm said taking me to the side. "Keep fighting, if you chose to fight them. Then give it everything you got and don't hesitate for one second. If you still have the life to continue then fight." Wilhelm told me. Realizing that these words are what Percy told me back at the Capitol, I smiled. "Alright then. Lend me your strength and wisdom." I said as we regrouped.

We finally met up with the merchants that was going to bring the villagers to safety. We continued on our way to the village as I thought of the next steps to the plan. "You should really make up with Julius." Felix said riding next to me. This caught me off guard for a moment. "What? We already made up. Didn't you see earlier?" I asked him. "That was only the first step. He can really be a reliable person you know. Now go on!" Felix told me and smacked my Ground Dragon urging me forward. I sighed and caught up to Julius. "Hey Julius, I wanted to say this before-" I said and then everything disappeared and turned blue. I stopped the Ground Dragon and looked around confused. "What the?" I said.

(A/N) - I felt like I rushed this chapter, sorry bout that.