Chapter 28: Friends With Their Backs Together

Not beta read, sorry for any mistakes, I will edit this at a later time. Sorry for the late update, my aunt died and we attened her funeral and burial and then we almost got into a car accident but all is well, anyways, have fun reading this chapter!

___

When the six of them came back, Lalaine was the first to greet them. Ana yawned as she stretch her arms up, her pet snake wrapped comfortably in his usual area around her neck.

Slinging an arm around Lalaine, Ana guided her friend towards the bottom of their storehouse.

"'Laaaiinneee...."

"Oh, you're finally whining. You tired?" Lalaine watched as Ana sat down on one of the steps on the ladder and groaned.

"No! It's just... I..." Ana hesitantly started, "I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something else, too!"

"Want me to list off what you've been doing?" Lalaine continued at Ana's nod, "Okay, you've been helping around our Kingdom of Science since the beginning, been helping Leek-hair even before the petrification, you've been training yourself, me and the bros..."

Lalaine hummed, trying to remember what else Ana has been doing lately.

"You got a pet snake-"

"I want more pets, I should tame a bird... I don't want a Paradise Flycatcher because too small." Ana pouted, "Maybe I'll look for a crow, we saw a few on our way to the springs earlier."

"-You've been cooking meals for us and don't even forget about Asagiri-" Lalaine stopped, "Hold up, did you just say you're gonna tame a fucking crow this time?"

"Hm?" Ana gave an innocent look.

"How about just find a rooster instead? Tame two so we can have a battle." Lalaine suggested, a grin on her face.

"That's illegal..." Ana contemplated, "But hey, all laws are basically expired now. BUT STILL! No..."

"Aw c'mon!! Why???" Lalaine was the one to whine this time.

"So we can scout some areas and send a letter to Athena? But that would take some time and will be a bit risky. Be right back, I'll just write on my journal."

Ana got up from her position and started climbing up the ladder.

"A bit?!?! I don't think you have a good sense of level when it comes to danger." Lalaine gave a tired look as Ana went inside the storehouse.

With nothing else to do, Lalaine went to where Senku and the others are. She saw Ginrou in a crouching position looking at his former Silver spear as if he was having some sort of traumatic flashbacks. Which, knowing Senku needed Ana to go to where they went, was not that far off.

"Where'd you guys go?" Lalaine asked casually.

"We went to check out the Sulfuric Acid spring, turns out Ana already knew from the start. At this point, I shouldn't even be surprised." Senku seemed to be deep in thought.

"Sulfuric Acid...?" Lalaine muttered, trying her best to remember all she knew about it, "Isn't that the one that can destroy skin, eyes, teeth, lungs and can basically kill you if you get exposed too much to it?"

"That's the one." Senku was still contemplating on what they're gonna do this, or how they will proceed.

At their words, Ginrou flinched and his body began shaking in fear. He was even more thankful to Ana now after she saved his life.