Chapter 15: Kohaku

Edited: Dec 8 2023

___

Senku smirked as he and Ana were traveling down the mountain. His new necklace hanging comfortable around his neck.

"In order to create a kingdom of science, we're going to find the mysterious group X in the smoke signal beacon. We'll get them as our comrades to help us fight off Tsukasa."

Senku hummed in thought as he pondered Ana's words. He subconsciously hid his necklace behind his clothes as he gently held it between his fingers.

He stopped, looking around and deep in his thoughts. 

Ana stopped too, tilting her head at him in question. He seemed to be deep in thought.

'The problem is...' He narrowed his eyes, 'If Tsukasa has made contact with them, then that would be extremely bad. All we can do-'

"-Is pray and Hope he passed by without meeting them." Ana finished his thoughts as she flicked his forehead.

"Huh?" Senku got snapped out of his thoughts by Ana speaking as he processed her words, "That would be the best case scenario. But knowing my luck... Wait, you're right here with me-"

"My lucky charm powers is on cool down mode because someone decided to test out his hypothesis by dying." Ana said with a too-sweet smile.

Senku pouted.

"Now that I have your attention again- Always keep your eyes on me, by the way-"

"What did you just-"

"I can sense Tsukasa somewhere within our range." Ana continued smoothly with a bright smile, "We should be careful."

With that, Ana raised her arm, motioning for Senku to wrap his arm around hers.

Old habits die hard, indeed. It takes Senku back years ago when they always do this whenever they were walking side by side.

"You got my attention, now you have my interest."

Senku smirked as he wrapped his arm around hers.

"I've always had it."

Tsukasa walked cautiously, one hand keeping the tied-up cloth on his wound to stop the bleeding.

A few seconds later, he abruptly stopped.

"57 meters to the right behind me."

His voice rang through the silent woods.

"Yes. You, who have been following me quietly for the last 2 minutes..." He looked behind him from the corner of his eyes, "Who are you?"

A fine-looking young woman walked slowly towards him, holding a bouquet of flowers. Wearing a short blue dress with her blonde hair tied up on a high ponytail. A charming smile on her face.

'Blue eyes...' Tsukasa took note of her appearance, 'A half-Japanese high school girl? Did Ana revive her just now? No...'

Before he could think any further, she threw away the flowers, revealing two blades she had been hiding the whole time. She also had a shield on her back. 

She continuously attacked Tsukasa, who dodged all of them. The blonde twisted her body mid-air to kick Tsukasa, sending him sliding a good few feet away.