Chapter 19: The Dawn of Iron

May the light of Science be reborn!
___

"At last, the Kingdom of Science approaches the beginning of the Iron Age...!!"

Kohaku and Ana swiftly dip their magnet under water, collecting all the iron sand in those spot. Chrome and Senkuu are lazing--- resting on a rock nearby. Senkuu couldn't help but ask, "This lioness is amazing, are all the people in your village like that? Ana is slowly becoming one too, is she being influenced?"

"There are a few gorillas with superhuman strength, but Kohaku and Ana are the only nimble gorillas." Chrome replied casually from his lying position with his head resting on his hand.

"I already said I'm not a gorilla!!" Kohaku retorted. Ana just pick up a small rock, smiling, "I belong in the house of snakes, not Gryffindor but..."

Both girls pointed at the boys, Kohaku breathing menacingly and Ana's smile unwavering. They spoke at the same time, "Speaking of which, why are we the one gatherin most of the iron sand? You lot should work more nimbly."

It's kinda impressive how Ana can synchronise with others by just copying their actions and predicting what they will do or say next by analyzing every little movement they make. Perfect copy, perhaps? Nah, Czar is the one who have that.

Senkuu and Chrome know that it would be like asking for a death sentence if they don't comply. "Sooorry." They apologized halfheartedly.

All four of them started working again, with Chrome having several bumps on his head courtesy of Kohaku.

Ana's knee suddenly buckled, water splashing a bit around her. She tried to balance her self, "Ah! Ang lalim---" Before Senkuu can ask her about it, Ana continued while turning to him with the oppa sign, "-Ng pagmamahal ko sayo, YIEE!!"

(Translation: Ah! It's so deep---! My feelings for you!) (What the fuck this is shitty xD)

The girl chuckled to her self going back to work, having the thought that Senkuu won't know the meaning of it. Boy, was she wrong. She heard another loud splash, Senkuu dropped his magnet. "Ay nahulog--- Ako sayo." He drawl out dryly and picked his magnet back up.

(Translation: AH! I fell for you.) (Kill me now.)

A startled gasp left her mouth, Ana can only think of one thing. Instead of getting flustered, 'OH SHIT! ALL THIS TIME HE KNEW WHAT WE'VE BEEN SAYING?!'

"HOW DID YOU KNOW HOW TO SPEAK IN FILIPINO?!"

He just look blankly at her, "Learning the Filipino language is actually pretty easy."

As they were bickering, Ana noticed something weird in the water. She tapped Senkuu's shoulder, "Uhh... Is it just me or this... 'Melon' is floating against the current and not along with it?"

Senkuu deadpanned at it, "A melon...??"

Before they can inspect it any further, the 'melon' suddenly stood up. Chrome is spooked as he wasn't prepared, "WOAH!?"

The melon held up a magnet with a lot of iron sand on it. Kohaku walked closer to them and patted the head of the unknown child, "Oh, if it isn't Suika! Whatcha doing here? Did you follow us?"

Senkuu turned to Chrome, "Suika is her name?" In which Chorme replied with, "It's a nickname, probably because she wears a melon rind as a hat."

Ana closed her eyes, "I don't mind, I think it's actually cute---"

She was cut off by Chrome snatching away the magnet from Suika's grasp, "Ah! Hey, Suika, you little brat! Don't just hold my magnet however you like---!!"